Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (release date August 5th 2014) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Banned

Default Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (release date August 5th 2014)

Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack (release date August 5th 2014)

Back on Friday March 21st I went to go see Son of God and Godís Not Dead in a 4K Sony SXRD Digital theater. I was amazed at the native 4K RED ONE picture quality of Godís Not Dead when projected at 4K quality in the commercial movie theater. Some beautiful 4K images with Pure Flix Entertainments Godís Not Dead. The entire theater was almost sold out. On 4-17-2014 I decided to go see Godís Not Dead in a commercial Sony 4K SXRD movie theater for a second time. It is extremely rare for me to watch the same movie a second time in the commercial movie theater. No one thought this movie would be such a hit in theaters nationwide. This Godís Not Dead movie is amazing work of art in terms of a storyline. Pure Flix Entertainment only spent 2 million dollars to make this low budget movie, however the Christian community really loves this movie and box office sales as of June 9th 2014 are over 61 million dollars. This Christian movie is rated PG.

The following are select quotes from the Movieguide review

ďVery strong Christian, evangelistic worldview with strong moral points; no foul language; Muslim father hits his Christian daughter and throws her around the roomÖĒ

ďGODíS NOT DEAD is an entertaining, profound, powerful Christian movie about a college student who has to stand up for his faith when bullied by an atheist professor. Despite some of the smartest dialogue ever, GODíS NOT DEAD entertains viewers as well as enlightens and inspires them. The ending is terrific.Ē

Before Godís Not Dead was released, Pure Flix Entertainment had a total of 20 Blu-ray titles to choose from with no combo packs. Godís Not Dead is Pure Flix Entertainments very first Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Most Pure Flix Blu-ray releases have a list price of around $14.99, however Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack has a list price of $29.99. That is double the list price of the average Pure Flix Blu-ray release. I hope that some of the price increase for Godís Not Dead is because this is a dual layer 50GB disc with lossless audio and bonus features (However, one will need to wait for a review to see if this Blu-ray is dual layer with lossless audio). The extra 480i DVD version of the movie most likely adds $5-$10 to the cost of the list price, and that would explain some of the reasons why Godís Not Dead is double the list price compared to other Pure Flix Blu-ray titles. It amazes me that with Blu-ray players costing $50 and the format being 8 years old, that the Blu-ray format is still not strong enough to stand on its own. How many years will Blu-ray/DVD combo packs exist? I wish Pure Flix Entertainment would have made a Blu-ray only version of this Godís Not Dead Blu-ray for $5-$10 cheaper in price for those consumers that own 100% Blu-ray players.

At the time of this posting the cheapest price I found for the Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack is at Amazon for $20.99.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Preordering. Entire family loved it. Thanks for the details.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned

While I enjoyed the Godís Not Dead movie, today I just got around to reading a movie review from the Answers in Genesis organization regarding the Godís Not Dead movie. Answers in Genesis mentions several positive things about the movie, however Answers in Genesis was disappointed that the fictional Christian student called Josh Wheaton does not use the straightforward and foundational history found in Genesis to defend a literal young Universe created by God. When I watched this Godís Not Dead movie, I felt like the movie was neutral on doctrinal issues like the age of the earth and evolution. Now in Pure Flix Entertainments defense, the fictional Christian character Josh Wheaton never says he does not believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis and a young universe, but instead Josh decides to use the popular secular scientific theories like the big bang to try and defend the existence of God.

In the 1700ís almost 100% of all Christians believed in a literal interpretation of Genesis and a young earth/Universe that is several thousands of years old. However, over the centuries many Christians have been inserting scientific theories like billions of years and evolution into the historical Genesis record. Now there are over 40,000 different Christian denominations that all agree on the fundamentals of the faith (Jesus virgin birth, death, and Jesus bodily resurrection), but disagree on issues like the age of the earth/universe, evolution, and the worldwide flood, etc.

The following are select quotes from the Answers in Genesis movie review on Godís Not Dead

ďAnswers in Genesis was allowed to preview the film in the fall of 2013 and asked to consider endorsing the film. Because of the promotion of several unbiblical elements, AiG informed the producers that we would not be able to endorse the film.Ē

ďWhile many Christians are excited to promote a movie that is well-made, tells a compelling story, and has the potential to spark conversations about God in our post-modern culture, some do so undiscerningly.In some instances, they may be unaware of the fact that this movie uses the big bang and the alleged evidence for the evolution of life on earth as major ďproofsĒ of Godís existence. In other instances, the Christians endorsing the movie are happy to accept the big bang and biological evolution as proof of Godís work in the universe. Infact, the number of Christians insisting on that explanation is growing rapidly, and this film may serve to cause an inflation in those numbers. Regardless, this movie may cause people to think about God, but it will lead them away from the foundational truths of Genesis because of its unbiblical foundation. If this movie tells its viewers that they canít trust Genesis as straightforward and foundational history, why then would they trust the rest of the Bibleóincluding their need for a Savioróbuilt on that shaky foundation?Ē

ďThere were several positive elements of the film. For example, I canít remember the last time I heard Philippians 4:13 used in its true context in popular Christian media, as it was here. Further, it was a very engaging storyline with interesting twists and crossing plotlines. Several characters gave up important things to profess their faith in Christ.Ē

Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 AM

Would you PLEASE stops posting things that quote heavily for other sites' content, then link to Amazon using associate's tags for other sites? This is inconsiderate to the other sites, and potentially diverts revenue that keeps this site running.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Banned

Sorry, sometimes I forget that Amazon has revenue tags when posting Amazon links. I will try to correct this in the future. Someone has already corrected the Amazon link to Godís Not Dead so that the High-Def Digest website will get revenue for the purchase.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Banned

Amazon just increased the pre-order price for Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack from $20.99 to $26.94. Still cheaper when compared to the $29.99 list price.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Banned

DVD Empire currently has the Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack at a pre-order price of $19.39 plus orders $25 and over gets free shipping (prices subject to change over time).

God's Not Dead (Blu-ray + DVD)
Old 07-21-2014, 02:57 AM
Banned

DVD planet currently has the Godís Not Dead Blu-ray for $17.88 pre-order price plus orders $35 and over gets free shipping.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/buy/bluray/gods-not-dead_3711341
Old 07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Banned

Amazon now has the lowest pre-order price for the Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Currently only $17.29 at Amazon.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Amazon is now selling the Godís Not Dead Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for only $16.99.