Heaven Is For Real (Blu-ray/DVD combo pack release date July 22nd 2014) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 AM
Banned

Default Heaven Is For Real (Blu-ray/DVD combo pack release date July 22nd 2014)

Heaven Is For Real (Blu-ray/DVD combo pack release date July 22nd 2014)

Heaven Is For Real is a Christian movie that is based on a true story about a 4 year old boy who visits Heaven during an operation (Rated PG). This movie is very popular with both Christians and some non-Christians. The budget for Heaven Is For Real was only 12 million dollars, however as of June 9th 2014 box office sells were almost 92 million dollars. I saw Heaven Is For Real In a movie theater, and I thought the movie was in average movie; however, it was not one of my favorite Christian movies.

Heaven Is For Real is a popular movie for those Christians that believe in near death experiences. However, there are some Christians that are offended by this movie since they believe near death experiences are part of the human imagination since the Bible never mentions anyone having a near death experience.

Select quotes from article:

ďBut when we compare their claims with Scripture, it becomes clear that they are merely figments of the human imagination, not true visions of heaven as it is described in Godís Word.Ē

ďNot one biblical person ever gave any recorded account of his or her postmortem experience in the realm of departed souls.Ē

Are Visits to Heaven for Real?

I am disappointed that Heaven is For Real is only being released on a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack for a list price of $40.99. It would have been ideal to offer Heaven Is For Real on a Blu-ray only disc for $10 less for those families that have upgraded all their DVD players to Blu-ray players. Blu-ray players only cost around $50 and the Blu-ray format is 8 years old now. Movie collectors that own 100% Blu-ray players are getting tired of spending an extra $10 for a DVD disc that they will never use.

At the time of this posting, the cheapest online price I located the Heaven Is For Real Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, is at Walmart for $29.96.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
Banned

Amazon has lowered its pre-order price to $22.99 for the Heaven Is For Real Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Banned

Walmart did not have this exclusive version on their website when this thread started. When I originally started this thread I was not aware that Walmart is coming out with an exclusive Heaven is for Real Blu-ray/DVD combo pack that includes a bonus DVD disc. I have now canceled my Amazon pre-order and have now pre-ordered the Walmart version. Its only $1.97 more for the exclusive DVD bonus disc.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Banned

Heaven Is For Real with exclusive Walmart bonus disc (brief user review)

As most people are aware by now, Heaven Is For Real is based on a true story about a 4 year old boy that visits Heaven and Jesus while having a near death out of body experience. Starting in the late 20th century with modern medical technology the amount of people claiming to have death experiences or near death experiences has increased. Some people claim that they have had out of body experiences where they visited Hell, however the Heaven Is for Real movie does not touch on the topic of Hell. A movie called Hell Is For Real would be an interesting Christian horror flick. Heaven Is For Real is a popular movie for those Christians that believe in out of body near death experiences are real events. Heaven Is For Real is not a preachy movie and some non-Christians might also be interested in Coltonís near death experience and what he saw in Heaven. This is a very family friendly movie that is rated PG. When I first saw Heaven Is For Real in the commercial movie theater, I thought the movie was an average Christian movie with very little action compared to some other Christian movies. True stories can sometimes be boring at times. However, after watching Heaven Is For Real a third time now, the movie has become much more interesting. The bonus features also offered more in-depth information that made the movie more enjoyable for me.

There are 3 optical discs in the Walmart exclusive version

Walmart sells the standard 2-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack of Heaven Is For Real, and the exclusive 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack that includes an exclusive Walmart bonus disc. The 3 disc version is only $1.97 more and is the best version of Heaven Is For Real, Heaven Is For Real (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + Bonus Disc) .

Disc 1 Blu-ray movie: Is a dual layer 1080P Blu-ray disc with a total of 30GB used out of 50GB. This Blu-ray disc contains the movie and the majority of the extra features. Disc 2 DVD movie: Is a dual layer 480i DVD disc with a total of 7.15GB used out of 8.5GB. The only purpose of this DVD disc is for those families that have not upgraded all their DVD players to Blu-ray players yet. The DVD version contains the movie and only a few extra features (Blu-ray disc 1 has both the extras found on DVD disc 2 plus exclusive extras on the Blu-ray disc. For those that own 100% Blu-ray players one can skip DVD disc 2 completely). Disc 3 Walmart exclusive bonus DVD: Is a single layer 480i DVD with 1.14GB used out of 4.7GB. This bonus DVD contains some nice bonus features about the family that inspired the movie.

Video quality

Heaven Is For Real 1080P MPEG-4/AVC bitrate appeared to average around 24Mbps for some scenes (with peeks in the 31+Mbps range for some brief scenes). Since only 30GB out of 50GB was used on this dual layer Blu-ray disc, there definitely was plenty of room for a higher bitrate MPEG-4/AVC encode. Heaven Is For Real has excellent resolution detail and good color accuracy. Overall there is very little to complain about since the picture quality of this movie looks very good. There are also several different language subtitle options for this movie.

Audio quality

The native English 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio soundtrack and the French 5.1 DTS-HD Master audio soundtrack is bit for bit exactly the same as the studio master soundtrack. Overall the soundtrack was excellent with the rear speakers active in some scenes. The front audio mix with dialogue was very easy to understand. I was pleased with the audio mix.

Special Features

100% of all the extra features on the Blu-ray disc is 1080P quality with the MPEG-4/AVC codec (only the main menu uses MPEG-2 codec). All the extra features are 2.0 Dolby Digital (192 kbps) with the exception of the previews which is 5.1 Dolby Digital (640 kbps). The deleted scenes lasts 8 minutes and 23 seconds. Some of the deleted scenes were interesting. The Making Of Heaven Is For Real lasts 13 minutes and 8 seconds. Colton Goes to Heaven lasts 4 minutes and 17 seconds (This was very interesting also). Creating Heaven lasts 4 minutes and 24 seconds. The previews were interesting to watch since they contained trailers for other Christian movies and secular family movies.

Walmart exclusive DVD bonus disc: All content on the bonus DVD is 480i MPEG-2 with 2.0 Dolby Digital (192 kbps). I found the 480i DVD bonus disc extremely interesting to watch and will worth the extra $1.97. Many other movie titles charge an extra $5-$10+ for an exclusive bonus disc. The Burpos: 11 Heavenly years later lasts 13 minutes and 5 seconds and is a very interesting interview with the family (Colton is now a teenager). One gets to see what the real church looks like today and hear about how the family picnic scene in the fire truck was artistic license and that never happen in real life. The Answers section on the Walmart DVD lasts 2 minutes and 53 seconds and talks a little bit about the book and movie. Heart of The Movie lasts 2 minutes and 18 seconds and has more information about the movie and book. Religious leader vignettes lasts 7 minutes and 33 seconds (contains Christine Caine, Reverend Sam Rodriquez, and Dick Rolfe).

Conclusion

Heaven Is For Real is an excellent Christian movie. This true story about a little boy visiting Jesus and others in heaven is popular among some non-Christians also. Almost everyone wants to know what happens to people after they die. Some Christians after watching this movie will believe that itís a true story and Colton went to heaven. Other Christians that have issues with near death out of body experiences might choose to believe Colton just had a beautiful dream or vision about heaven instead of his soul leaving his physical body. The 1080P picture quality and lossless sound quality for the Heaven Is For Real Blu-ray is excellent. Both the bonus features on the Blu-ray disc and Walmart exclusive DVD bonus disc was enjoyable to watch. I wish an audio commentary track existed for this movie, however no audio commentary track was created.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Two DVDs ? Really. And other lie from Walmart when they keep claiming their commitment to the Blu Ray format.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Banned

"For the week that ended on July 27th,Sony Home Entertainment's Heaven Is for Real debuted at the top spot on the Blu-ray-only and overall package-media rankings. This drama - an adaptation of Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent's bestselling novel - helped demonstrate the commercial benefits of producing films steeped in Christian values."

http://homemediamagazine.com/researc...s-charts-33787

Last edited by Krawk; 07-31-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Inserted SOURCE of story, not a 3rd party
Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
based on a true story about a 4 year old boy who visits Heaven during an operation
Old 07-31-2014, 06:07 PM

Hehe indeed, I love the titles of all these Christian movies, God is Not Dead, Heaven is For Real. They can all be answered with the equally reasonable argument.. nuh uhhh.