300: graininess not so bad after all. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2007, 03:15 PM

Default 300: graininess not so bad after all.

I went into this movie thinking that the intentional grain I'd read about would make it resemble the likes of Sleepy Hollow (which to this day makes my skin crawl.) I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It's there, but it's not at a distracting, experience-lessening level. You only notice it when you're looking for it. Also, the uPCM track is magnificent IMO. For those folks who are in the "I hate grain" camp who are on the fence about buying this, I say go for it.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
I went into this movie thinking that the intentional grain I'd read about would make it resemble the likes of Sleepy Hollow (which to this day makes my skin crawl.) I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It's there, but it's not at a distracting, experience-lessening level. You only notice it when you're looking for it. Also, the uPCM track is magnificent IMO. For those folks who are in the "I hate grain" camp who are on the fence about buying this, I say go for it.
Thanks for the update.. I will admit my hopes for the quality of this release were super high. Its sitting on my doorstep right now waiting to be lovingly opened. But anyways, goes to prove the point. . unless youve actually seen it, dont comment on something you havnt seen. and who listens to reviewers anyway?