New Walmart (and other) Exclusive F'ugly covers (or WTF were they thinking) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default New Walmart (and other) Exclusive F'ugly covers (or WTF were they thinking)

Looks like there's an end cap display of Walmart Exclusive Blu Rays with exclusive covers out.
To me, they're what you'd call F'ugly, or a pre-school water colors project.
They all seem to be $9. Also if you're lucky enough, there's also a rack of "Father's Day" ones that have very plain white slip covers, they look like dvds.

If this LINK works correctly, most of the f'ugly ones are on this page (well this week anyway.) If the link fails like it just did - Go to their movies section, search for "walmart exclusive blu ray" - It will say something like 9459 results, should be on page 4 or so when you select view 32 per page.

Here's a sampling of what to expect (be prepared to say OMG)

Spaceballs:

Silence of the Lambs:

Rob Roy:

Hang 'em High:

Old 05-22-2014, 05:15 PM

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????!!!!!!"

Oh wow...those are bad....

I recall there was a post (reddit?) about this guy who made movie posters in this style of various movies. It got a lot of attention, which may have lead to marketing coming up with this. Still, there is something those had that these are missing.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 PM

The Spaceballs and Mad Mad Mad Mad World ones are kind of OK. The others, though... Holy shite.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:49 PM

I love them because they are bad. I was tempted to buy a few because of the hilarity.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
I love them because they are bad. I was tempted to buy a few because of the hilarity.
^^^ My thoughts exactly - still chuckling at just how bad they are. It's quite a sight in the store with the dvd and blu next to each other and this whole end cap facing you.

Just think folks, if you miss out on it, you can get them site 2 store or free ship to home if you buy 6 of them !! (>$50)
Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 PM

How long are these suppose to be available?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
How long are these suppose to be available?
No clue. However, you can print these covers and put them on your own. That way people will think your kid drew the art work for Robocop.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:38 PM

How about retitling your blog as 'When Bad Covers happen to Good Movies with the Exception of these 3 really bad movies"..: "Delta Force", "Spaceballs" and "Dances With Wolves".
Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM

A Mod needs to add a poll to this thread so we can vote on which one is the worst. You can vote on up to three titles.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 AM

They all look like Eric Carle drawings, who did the Hungry Caterpillar and so many others. They dont really bother me much as I have a billion of these books that I've been reading with my 2 year old and the art design grows on you after a while