'Little House On The Prairie: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Default 'Little House On The Prairie: Season One' - High-Def Digest Review

We've just reviewed 'Little House On The Prairie: Season One'. This is recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1064...rairie_s1.html
Old 05-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Glad this show made it to blu ray
Old 05-06-2014, 02:17 PM

I'm hoping the other 7 seasons and specials come out on blu... As far as right now, we only have two seasons, with no other seasons announced.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM

Nice timing on publishing this, giving Season 2 comes out today. Truthfully, though, I wonder sometimes if the other site really reviews the entire season, or just checks out a few minutes of the shows, and randomly pick their screenshots. They just seem to get their reviews out way too fast.

I think this was the Blu-Ray that sold my mom on Blu-Ray. I bought her a Blu-Ray player like 5 years ago, and bought her an HDTV for the bedroom about three years ago (they had an old 1080i 32 inch in the living room). So she had seen a few movies. Anyways, I bought her this on its release day, and she couldn't understand why I bought it, as she had the whole series on DVD. I told her to watch it. Well, I had also just bought her a soundbar for Christmas which my dad hooked up that day. She took to Facebook talking about how great the Blu-Ray of the show was. Her words were "the picture pops off the screen, I couldn't believe the detail in the picture. You could see the stitching on clothing! And it sounds better than it has ever sounded! And there are parts of the show on these discs that I have never seen before!"

Keep in mind my mom has seen several movies on Blu-Ray, but this is the one that floored her.This was her demo or reference disc!

Great review, by the way. Couldn't have put it better myself
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
Nice timing on publishing this, giving Season 2 comes out today. Truthfully, though, I wonder sometimes if the other site really reviews the entire season, or just checks out a few minutes of the shows, and randomly pick their screenshots. They just seem to get their reviews out way too fast.

I think this was the Blu-Ray that sold my mom on Blu-Ray. I bought her a Blu-Ray player like 5 years ago, and bought her an HDTV for the bedroom about three years ago (they had an old 1080i 32 inch in the living room). So she had seen a few movies. Anyways, I bought her this on its release day, and she couldn't understand why I bought it, as she had the whole series on DVD. I told her to watch it. Well, I had also just bought her a soundbar for Christmas which my dad hooked up that day. She took to Facebook talking about how great the Blu-Ray of the show was. Her words were "the picture pops off the screen, I couldn't believe the detail in the picture. You could see the stitching on clothing! And it sounds better than it has ever sounded! And there are parts of the show on these discs that I have never seen before!"

Keep in mind my mom has seen several movies on Blu-Ray, but this is the one that floored her.This was her demo or reference disc!

Great review, by the way. Couldn't have put it better myself
That's a great story.

It reminds me of trying to explain to folks on the internet why The Twilight looks and sounds better on blu ray versus the DVDs.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:32 AM

I never really watched this show, but I've since developed a love for westerns so I'll have to try it out.

Thanks for the review! A few little mistakes:

Quote:
And no, it didn't have the big action set pieces like so many shows have to day

Not exactly a light-weigh, huh?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I never really watched this show, but I've since developed a love for westerns so I'll have to try it out.

Thanks for the review! A few little mistakes:
Me too east, I'm turning into my dad yikes
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Me too east, I'm turning into my dad yikes
Ha ha, it's probably natural to get nostalgic for olden times as you age. But that my departed grandmother loved them is one big reason for me to give them more of a chance.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:05 PM

I liked the show as a kid but now as an adult the strong christian theme makes me a little naseus. The Ingalls are basically a christian version of talibans...
Nothing is more creepy than religious fanatics.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassesolo View Post
I liked the show as a kid but now as an adult the strong christian theme makes me a little naseus. The Ingalls are basically a christian version of talibans...
Nothing is more creepy than religious fanatics.
I couldn't disagree more. Charles is, at times, strong Christian, and at times, a bit anti-Christian in the series, even quick to anger, throw a fit, to swing his fists, very similarly to how he played Little Joe in Bonanza. There were episodes where Charles didn't go to church and take his day of rest and worship on Sunday because he wanted to plow his crops. In fact, just about every man portrayed in one of the episodes didn't go to church, while their wives and children did. Their husbands and fathers stayed home to work the farms. Charles's wife heckles him about God, and he has some pretty snarky remarks about how God won't do his work for him.

Remember, however, this is an American Pioneer film, in a time when settlers were generally Christian. It wasn't made to appeal to a worldwide audience, even if it's now syndicated in just about every country on this planet. That doesn't make the Ingalls anything like taliban.