'The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2014, 06:45 PM

Default 'The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'The Andy Griffith Show: Season 1'. He says the chemistry on display shows why this series went on to become one of the most beloved in TV history. Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1057...iffith_s1.html
Old 04-29-2014, 07:45 PM

Seems like a nice set...but the price tag right now is absolutely rediculous! Over $90 on amazon.ca at the moment! I can get the complete series on DVD for a cheaper price! SMH
Old 05-02-2014, 05:11 PM

I agree. The price is outrageous. Especially with the recent Seasons of Little House on the Prairie selling for less than $20 each.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:11 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I agree. The price is outrageous. Especially with the recent Seasons of Little House on the Prairie selling for less than $20 each.
This seems to be CBS/Paramount's standard price for any TV series they've upgraded to Blu, regardless of age, running time, or the number of extras (or actual discs for that matter). Chances are you'll be able to find this for closer to $50 in the near future, but probably not less than that for a while.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:09 PM

If these don't sell well, would CBS/Paramount even bother releasing the other seasons?? The high price of this right now has GOT to be turning away potential buyers....
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I imagine much more went into the transfers though than L.H.O.P - I know I know, most consumers do not factor that in, all they see is $$ first.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:26 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
If these don't sell well, would CBS/Paramount even bother releasing the other seasons?? The high price of this right now has GOT to be turning away potential buyers....
That was a concern I mentioned in the review - I wondered why the reunion film was included on this set, when it would seem logical to save it for the final season, if indeed they planned to release every season.