'The Legend of Hercules - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2014, 12:52 PM

Default 'The Legend of Hercules - 3D' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed Renny Harlin's 'The Legend of Hercules - 3D'. P.U.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1150...ercules3d.html
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM

Why are only terrible movies in native 3D?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionhaver View Post
Probably because they know not many people would buy the 2D version of a substandard film. They have to have some kind of draw or gimmick.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM

Was it that bad? LOL
Old 04-29-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Was it that bad? LOL
I'll let you know Saturday night. I picked it up at BB. Using a $10 reward points coupon...and a little over $4 on a GC..got this for under $7,lol

Bought this mainly for it being native 3D.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This title is $19.96 at Walmart if you can find it - my local Walmart lately has not been getting blu ray releases on release date... So much for their commitment to the Blu Ray format.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I'll let you know Saturday night. I picked it up at BB. Using a $10 reward points coupon...and a little over $4 on a GC..got this for under $7,lol

Bought this mainly for it being native 3D.
BALLSY for you to spend $10 rewards on a blind buy LOL

Let us know what you think.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 AM

Redboxed it last night, it was a terrible movie. The PQ/AQ were top notch even though the audio was only dd 5.1 because lionsgate now only lets lossless audio be on rental discs.

I do have to admit the fight scenes were pretty good and it was great to see:

Spoiler
Liam McIntyre again since I loved Spartacus on Starz, too bad it was in this crapper of a movie.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 AM

As long as it stays under $20, I may budget it in for next payday, if for nothing more than the demo-worthy soundtrack. I'm not even done with my home theater setup, but when it's initially complete, it will be a 9.14 (9 = L/C/R, Height L/R, Side L/R, Back L/R) setup, meaning it will have, at minimum, two 12" subwoofers and 12 inaudible aura bass shaker pros. I had to do some fancy footwork to figure out how to split RG-6 coax several times in-wall. F-connector coaxial splitters would not pass an audio signal. What I had to do was convert the coaxial ends to RCA (yes, they make RG-59/RG-6 RCA ends, as well as converters from F-connector to RCA) and then use a female to female/female RCA Y-splitter at every point where it had to pass the signal to another location. So, you have one input, one output, and one pass-through to the chain.

Most people don't do the subwoofer splitting inside of walls. So, they generally use something like a composite video amplifier for that, since there are no 'official' subwoofer splitters/amplifiers. It sounds like a good niche market though, to recreate something that already exists with a different name and charge more money for. Anyway, I didn't want something that had an electrical outlet hardwired inside of the walls, for obvious reasons. Since the subwoofer frequency has a very low signal loss, you usually don't have to amplify the signal.

All four walls of the addition are wired for subwoofers. The back wall connection was added last-minute, for the specific purpose of doing a theater seat platform with bass shakers. I actually tore out an ethernet line to replace it with the subwoofer output. The two side walls were obviously planned for a subwoofer on each side, but they'll also be used for furniture with bass shakers in them. The front wall (where the TV and projector screen are) subwoofer output, I added because of possible future use/upgrades.

Of course, I got off topic a bit, but the whole point was that a soundtrack can make a mediocre movie fun sometimes, especially with the right equipment.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinionhaver View Post
Because that is their only selling point.