'Mclintock!' is coming May 20 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Staff

Default 'Mclintock!' is coming May 20

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10815/mclintock_.html
Old 04-22-2014, 03:06 PM

Since this new release appears to be from Paramount, I am hoping that this is the Wayne Estate Authorized version with a better print and transfer than the already available Olive Films Blu. We went through the same drill with this film when it was released on VHS and DVD.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommie View Post
Since this new release appears to be from Paramount, I am hoping that this is the Wayne Estate Authorized version with a better print and transfer than the already available Olive Films Blu. We went through the same drill with this film when it was released on VHS and DVD.
I know. My father in law wore out his VHS copy so much my late wife decided one year, for Christmas, to get him the DVD. Needless to say the DVD was a turgid piece of crap. Then I found out that the rights we in legal hell hence the "lackluster" DVD. I don't think he got a corrected version yet. I might have to snoop around and see.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 PM

I picked up the Olive Edition, haven't watched it yet.

I have McLintock! (Authentic Collector's Edition), which is a really good picture and the only one approved by the family.

I'll have to compare this one with the Olive Edition. I've been hesitating to pick up the other Olive Editions, not sure what to expect from them.