'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Fourth Season' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Default 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Fourth Season' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Fourth Season'. He says this is the best season of the series. He says this set belongs in any sci-fi fan's collection. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4039/enterprise_s4.html
Old 04-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

As with previous seasons, hope they drop below $60. Thus far all the TNG seasons have streeted at $59.99 and gone on sale once or twice beyond that. I enjoyed Enterprise enough to get the sets eventually.

Where did the picture of Kirk's bridge come into play here? Was it just a nostalgia thing? Links to legacy feature? That scene says "caption me" all over it. All the blue suits and the one red shirted guy in the middle, lol. (Josh you hearing me here? Caption the picture for a free copy of SSN 4 of Enterpise)

Braga's complaints about switching to HD video from film sounds all too similar to Stargate SG1 commentaries. It was a lighting guy's worst nightmare. The cameras were not light sensitive enough. Sort of why the opening to Saturday Night Live for so many years was the one shot on film, they could not get the lighting right otherwise.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Where did the picture of Kirk's bridge come into play here? Was it just a nostalgia thing? Links to legacy feature? That scene says "caption me" all over it. All the blue suits and the one red shirted guy in the middle, lol. (Josh you hearing me here? Caption the picture for a free copy of SSN 4 of Enterpise)
It's from the Mirror Universe episode which is just super awesome, by the way.

I can't believe I don't own any of these sets yet, considering Enterprise is one of my favorite series. Holding out for sub-$50 prices, I guess. Season 4 is easily the best of the bunch, so it will be fun to work my way towards it.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Where did the picture of Kirk's bridge come into play here? Was it just a nostalgia thing?
Yes, as the above poster noted, it's from the two-parter 'In a Mirror, Darky', which is kind of neat, since it's a stand-alone two-parter with the Mirror Universe crew. The writers didn't want to break continuity with the Original Series (since Kirk's crew was supposed to be the first to discover the Mirror Universe), so the 'Enterprise' episodes have nothing to do with 'our' crew. Even the opening credits are different.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM

It sure is nice to read reviews by people who like what they are reviewing. Of course the nasty reviews are fun every now and then too.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravis778 View Post
It sure is nice to read reviews by people who like what they are reviewing. Of course the nasty reviews are fun every now and then too.
Yes but if a reviewer is biased I want to know.
If a reviewer hates a movie I want them to tell me why they hate it. Vice versa for someone who loves a movie. Give me your arguments for/against and I will appreciate them both equally.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Yes but if a reviewer is biased I want to know.
If a reviewer hates a movie I want them to tell me why they hate it. Vice versa for someone who loves a movie. Give me your arguments for/against and I will appreciate them both equally.
:-) With this review in particular, it was nice to hear someone who didn't blame Enterprise for killing the series, blasting the show for breaking canon, and think that every single episode takes place in caves, solely based on seeing one or two episodes.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
:-) With this review in particular, it was nice to hear someone who didn't blame Enterprise for killing the series, blasting the show for breaking canon, and think that every single episode takes place in caves, solely based on seeing one or two episodes.
I saw four episodes that involved the crew getting trapped in caves, and three of them were in a row one after the next. That was enough for me, sorry.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, hey, you spelled "canon" correctly!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I saw four episodes that involved the crew getting trapped in caves, and three of them were in a row one after the next. That was enough for me, sorry.
I'm convinced you deliberately watched those episodes and avoided the ones that everybody likes. I mean, why would you want to watch the ones you're very likely to enjoy? Screw the popular episodes.