'Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Default 'Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie'. He says this is terrible. 87 minutes have never felt longer. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1052...urs_movie.html
Old 04-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Hope you guys are going to do a 3D review of the Cretaceous Cut.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Hope you guys are going to do a 3D review of the Cretaceous Cut.
I highly doubt that Fox will send it out - but I'm with you. Since that's the version with the most potential, I'm interested in seeing it. Not onyl should the lack of voice-over be amazing, but the visual imagery of the movie is amazing, so the 3D ought to be fantastic too.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hickman View Post
I highly doubt that Fox will send it out - but I'm with you. Since that's the version with the most potential, I'm interested in seeing it. Not onyl should the lack of voice-over be amazing, but the visual imagery of the movie is amazing, so the 3D ought to be fantastic too.
It's pretty fantastic if you don't mind the movie being exactly the same, just minus voices, and the 2D version is on the same disc. I think it's stupid that there's even a separate 2D release when the 3D one is just a combo disc anyway.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:34 PM

I already have it but have not watched it yet. There probably are a few people waiting to see a review of the 3D Cretaceous cut before purchasing, however.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 PM

I liked the 3D in this one. Had great detail and dimension to it. Some nice depth here and there.

BUT......I got to say, this was nodding me off rather quickly (that was with the voice overs). Had no desire to see it again without the voice overs.

This is very much an example of: ''Great disc,bad flick''. But ''skip it'' would probably be the safer route to go,lol. The 3D was good though.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 PM

How many other one star movie reviews on this website got an overall score of three stars? I don't remember seeing that before.

Last edited by HamsterDance; 04-14-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterDance View Post
How many other one star movie reviews on this website got an overall score of three stars? I don't remember seeing that before.
The "Overall" score is a mathematical average of the other categories. 1 + 4.5 + 3.5 + 2 = 11. Divide that by 4 and you get 2.75, which rounds up to 3.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterDance View Post
I know what you mean.

See this thread:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/feed...thodology.html
Old 04-15-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
I know what you mean.

See this thread:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/feed...thodology.html
Thanks for the thread Tim. I agree with your main points in your original post.