'Fargo' (Remastered) - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Default 'Fargo' (Remastered) - High-Def Digest Review

We've reviewed 'Fargo' (Remastered). Does the meticulously remastered video warrant adouble dip for 'Fargo' aficionados? You betcha! This is highly recommended. Here's why...

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1064...emastered.html
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM

I received this one in the mail a day before it's actual release date. The picture quality is fantastic. They did an amazing job remastering it. A couple brief scenes/shots were a little too grain heavy, but even with that said I'd still give the PQ a 5 out of 5. Just phenomenal.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:31 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Thanks for the review David...I actually don't own FARGO on any format, and have been waiting for this release to see if it was a decent upgrade - sounds like it is!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:56 PM

I love this movie, and own it already from that set "The Minds of the Coen Bros" or something like that. I think I saw it once, and wasn't impressed by the video quality. This is one of those times where I'd like to upgrade, but probably won't until the stars align a certain way (like having a Barnes and Noble coupon I want to use, and finding it for $9.99).
Old 04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

David, Any chance on seeing some 1080p screengrabs? Or, does our favorite external site have an A:B comparison?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
David, Any chance on seeing some 1080p screengrabs? Or, does our favorite external site have an A:B comparison?
Unfortunately, I don't have the capability to do screengrabs. But trust me...the remastered picture is a big improvement over the previous Blu-ray. I was thoroughly delighted with the results!!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 PM

Default Looking forward to this because the previous release stank

I have the 2009 Blu-Ray of Fargo, and consider it virtually unwatchable. Almost every shot is over sharpened to the point of distraction, like fingernails on a chalkboard. (At the time, I wrote that whoever signed off on the video mastering job should have been fired.)

If any title deserved to be remastered, this is it. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and buy it again, because it is a classic.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
This is one of those times where I'd like to upgrade, but probably won't until the stars align a certain way (like having a Barnes and Noble coupon I want to use, and finding it for $9.99).
That's my only hesitation buying it right now...I have a feeling a week after I buy it at $14.99, it will be on sale for $9.99. Knowing it will go in my 'unwatched' pile for weeks (which I believe is closing in on 200 titles), I feel good just waiting for a sale.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Again with the terrible cover art. Just give me the original cover art and slap a remastered sticker on the packaging or something .
Old 04-08-2014, 11:14 PM

Walmart Canada has it (the remastered ed) at $9.97 already, so I imagine it's the same stateside ... oh, you betcha, yah