'Frozen - 3D (2013) [UK Import]' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2014, 10:07 PM

Default 'Frozen - 3D (2013) [UK Import]' - High-Def Digest Review

Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'Frozen - 3D (2013) [UK Import]'. Is this worth importing for the 3D? Yes! Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1186...3ukimport.html
Old 04-08-2014, 01:56 AM

It is so stupid that anyone that wants the 3D version has to import an American made movie to America. -_-
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 AM

Nice review, Michael. Glad I imported the Steelbook of this film.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

Another very excellent Palmer review! Expertly written, carefully edited. Superb!

One tiny mistake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S. Palmer
Resolution is impecable
I think 'impecable' needs a second 'c', unless you were using the Spanish word.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Thanks for the review...I imported this version (it should be here in the next day or two) and am glad to hear it was worth the trouble to get the 3D version.

I agree with Dr. Kain, although a couple sites confirmed this week that Disney will indeed be releasing a 3D version in the States this October. Still, Disney's support/non-support of the 3D format is often baffling - they push it with some titles, and don't with others.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 PM

I'm still iffy about this movie. Just watched the trailer for it on Youtube and the movie just doesn't look very good. There's just something about it that seems off. The dialogue especially is just flat-out annoying. It just seems that it's trying too hard to be overly-modernized so it appeals to the youngsters or something. I think I'll hold off on buying it and just wait until it hits one of the movie channels on my satellite and see it then.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:22 PM

I waited to watch this movie until I got this version, and I'm glad. I've watched it twice now and I agree with everything in the review. My only minor nitpick is that the story felt a little compressed, especially the first half... but it IS a children's movie, so it gets a pass.

I also have a lot of ghosting in the backgrounds of the darker scenes. I can't seem to figure out how to minimize it. I have a Panasonic Viera ut50. It really doesn't kill the movie for me at all, but it definitely is there on my set.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Another very excellent Palmer review! Expertly written, carefully edited. Superb!

One tiny mistake:

I think 'impecable' needs a second 'c', unless you were using the Spanish word.
Well, there's nothing like getting your typos corrected by a gentlemen whose first language is not English. Le sigh

Thanks, buddy. Hope all is well on your side of the pond.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
It is so stupid that anyone that wants the 3D version has to import an American made movie to America. -_-
I am importing American-made movies to America all the time. One movie I ordered is only available in Italy. One is only available in France. Several are only available in the UK. At least importing nowadays is much easier than it used to be.

So I finally just did a blind buy of it. $31.49 after international shipping is not unheard of, and the last several Disney movies I did blind buys on their 3D titles (Brave, Tangled - although if you tell me one of those is Pixar, I wouldn't be surprised). This glowing review was pretty much what I needed to push me over the edge.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Thanks Palmer for a well written review. Indeed very glad to have imported it.
One thing we also need to remember is that the imported version almost always has more language options as well, good or bad.
Without looking, have we linked this review to the domestic one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
although a couple sites confirmed this week that Disney will indeed be releasing a 3D version in the States this October.
Still waiting for U.S. releases of Tarzan, Aladdin and Hercules, thanks Disney.
And if they do a 3D release, when it bombs in sales Disney will give us an "I told you so" without realizing we all imported it! Why were they so mum on confirming or denying an upcoming 3D release anyway? Is it to see how many suckers will double-dip?