'Noah' is up for preorder - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 PM

Default 'Noah' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/11781/noah.html
Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 PM

I'll wait til I can find the 3D import. Paramount is playing a Disney here, thinking 65 other countries need a 3D version and we don't in the states. Paramount is the ones holding captive John Wayne's Hondo 3D too, even after the Wayne estate offered to let them use their newly restored version of the film. It could have potentially been the biggest 3D release of the year.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
I'll wait til I can find the 3D import. Paramount is playing a Disney here,
Just reinforces my theory that the studios hate America.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 AM

The 3D in Noah is not worth it. It's a sloppy post-conversion job and the movie doesn't benefit from it in any way. It's not that the studios hate America, it's that people in most other countries don't know better and are an easier target to be scammed with the "Watch it in 3D!" hype.

Like how tv movies and pilots used to be packaged as real films and sold in Europe into theaters as such!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderJerusalem View Post
The 3D in Noah is not worth it. It's a sloppy post-conversion job and the movie doesn't benefit from it in any way.
So, you've seen this in 3D?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
So, you've seen this in 3D?
Yeah, it's only playing in 3D where I'm staying currently. A 2D version is coming out this week, which I might go see.

The movie itself was fantastic, but, like said, the 3D took away from the experience. It's a very visual, beautiful film, but not in the sense that it needs the post-conversion - if that makes sense.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:18 AM
Banned

I will be boycotting this Noah Blu-ray release since it’s a blasphemous movie

On Friday March 28th I paid $15 to see Noah in a IMAX theater and was given a free Noah poster. I saw a few people walk out of the theater in the middle of the movie (those were the smart ones). I watched the entire movie all the way from the beginning to the very last end credits (movie was a complete waste of money). People who like blasphemous movies like The Last Temptation of Christ might also like blasphemous movies like this Noah movie. The Last Temptation of Christ has upset only Christians; this modern Noah movie has upset people in both the Judaism faith and Christian faith that believe the book of Genesis in the Old Testament (Torah) is literal history.

This is also the very first so called Bible movie that uses evolution as the creation account instead of the historic Genesis creation story. In addition, the word God is never used in the movie and instead they use the word creator. The creator could mean an intelligent space alien created life on earth or some might interpret the Creator to mean the God of the Bible (Torah).

The classic movie, The Bible In the Beginning on Blu-ray is much more faithful to the historical Genesis record and the story of Noah.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Bible-In-the-Beginning-Blu-ray/20319/

This Noah movie strays so far away from the Genesis account that it is a blasphemous movie. The book of Genesis is the foundation of the Judaism faith and Christian faith. In modern times some people believe the book of Genesis is a fable and the story of Noah is just another flood legend. Some people of faith do not care about the accuracy of the story of Noah since they are interested in only the New Testament and Jesus. All the books located in the Torah and the Bible is based on the foundational history found in Genesis. If people stop believing that history then they start doubting the history in the entire Bible (and Torah). If the first book of the Torah and Bible is not true then why trust the rest of the book. This Noah movie is nothing more than Hollywood’s fictional story of Noah and it’s not the Noah of the Bible. Some Christians have come out supporting the movie since it inserts evolution into the creation account and they support the movie for various other reasons.

The Movieguide writes reviews for both Christian movies and secular movies. I disagree with the Movie guide review on this Noah movie. The MovieGuide review is just another example of how divided the Christian community is regarding this movie:

The following are select quotes from the Movie guide

Ultimately, by the movie's end, a strong biblical, moral worldview with strong redemptive elements.”

Paramount and Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH movie about the Great Flood is an epic adventure story, with a nice ending that wraps everything up on a hopeful, inspiring note. In the ending, a conflicted Noah learns that the Creator is a God of mercy, not only justice, but NOAH contains some extra-biblical material, violence, and intense moments requiring caution.”

http://www.movieguide.org/reviews/noah.html

So far all the people that believe that Genesis is literal history have been greatly upset with this Noah movie

Example 1) The following are select World Net Daily news article quotes:

“The newly released movie “Noah” features a retelling of the creation story that clearly depicts Darwinian evolution transforming a single-cell organism into a monkey.”

“The movie also seems to show magic in scenes more reminiscent of the occult than of the Bible story.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/noah-movie-depicts-evolution-black-magic/#X0zlW8IlQhpLKU8B.99

Example 2) The Answers in Genesis Organization are known as scholars when it comes to the historical Genesis record and the story of Noah:

The following are select quotes from Answers in Genesis:

Noah is a film filled with blasphemous representations of God and character assassinations of Noah.”

“In this case, Noah goes far beyond botching a couple of details, it directly and overtly teaches the exact opposite of the Bible in many areas.”

“The difference is that the filmmakers went beyond artistic license when they overtly contradicted the text in multiple areas and completely changed the character of Noah from being a godly, righteous man into a madman who was bent on making sure every last human being died, even if it meant Noah must slaughter his own grandchildren.”

“The Noah of the Bible is not the Noah depicted in the film. To intentionally misrepresent a prophet in this way is a form of blasphemy against God and His chosen servant.”

change quality to 1080P within the YouTube interface
Old 04-24-2014, 04:34 AM

Oh... Good God!

Great thing about knowledge, it knows a thing or two:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ken+ham+dinosaurs

I really, really wish that were true. I would loved to have ridden on the
back of a T-Rex, 6000 years ago.

-----

Did the Noah movie start with the often-used phrase:
"Based on a true story"?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
So far all the people that believe that Genesis is literal history have been greatly upset with this Noah movie
You'd think that they'd be more upset with their flimsy grasp on reality and facts.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Well, that escalated quickly.

I view this movie in the same way I view movies like Clash of the Titans or The Immortals: different takes on mythology. Noah was awesome.