'The Pirate Fairy' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Default 'The Pirate Fairy' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'The Pirate Fairy'. He says this doesn't quite measure up to the other 'Tinker Bell' movies, but it's a delightful escape that will keep the kids interested. With demo-worthy video and great audio, this Blu-ray is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9890/tinker_pirate.html
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 PM

I should get it in the mail today. I just hope it was worth the purchase.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I noticed the choice not do release 3D this go round, I even checked overseas.
Won't read too far into it this time - the previous Tinkerbell titles were enjoyable.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 PM

I'm hoping that my local target will have that Target exclusive deal in Canada. It's supposed to be online-only, but my friend in the USA reports that a lot of online-only Target stuff is available in-store too. Hope Canada didn't get stiffed, because I want that special set of this. If nothing else, I'll be picking it up one way or another.

@Krawk - You mean that they chose not to do a 3D release this time around? Bit odd. Maybe it didn't sell well last time around?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juio View Post
I should get it in the mail today. I just hope it was worth the purchase.
It is, though it's not as strong as the past titles in the series.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
@Krawk - You mean that they chose not to do a 3D release this time around? Bit odd. Maybe it didn't sell well last time around?
Like Frozen, Disney has decided to screw over US disc purchasers who want a 3D version. Vudu has the movie in 3D to rent or own. These decisions by Disney are being to really piss me off and I'm an extremely loyal Disney fan.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post
Like Frozen, Disney has decided to screw over US disc purchasers who want a 3D version. Vudu has the movie in 3D to rent or own. These decisions by Disney are being to really piss me off and I'm an extremely loyal Disney fan.
They didn't release a 3D Blu-ray anywhere in the world, so...

Last edited by eastx; 04-02-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 AM

Wasn't Secret of the Wings the only tinkerbell movie release in 3D BD? If that's the case, then what made people think that the'll do 3D releases from now on?
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 AM

All 'Tinkerbell' films have been straight-to-Blu-ray/DVD affairs. For reasons that elude me, Disney has opted to release 'The Pirate Fairy' in Belgian theaters last week. Weird, to say the least.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Considering it is in 3D on Vudu, it means there is a 3D verison available. Maybe lack of sales is why there is no physical disc (I mean, its CG, its not like it is that hard to output a 3D file from your sources for online distribution), but they could have done a retailer exclusive for those of us who want a physical disc.

Vudu is good quality, though, and as I am getting to where I rarely watch bonus features, I may just end up getting this from Vudu. I did not even know this was coming out, or I may have had the disc preordered. I really enjoy the Tinkerbell movies.