'The Best of Bogart Collection' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Default 'The Best of Bogart Collection' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'The Best of Bogart Collection'. This is highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10360/best_bogart.html
Old 03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

What about The Big Sleep? The Return of Dr X? Passage to Marseille? Dark Passage?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
What about The Big Sleep? The Return of Dr X? Passage to Marseille? Dark Passage?
None available on Blu-ray yet, sadly. Although I expect Warners to give us The Big Sleep soon - possibly in 2016 (70th anniversary).
Old 03-24-2014, 07:14 PM

All Bogart fans have at least some of these, if not all, the movies. So simply repackaging the same exact discs that were sold before, without any additional special features whatsoever, the target market for this is very limited. Generally studios offer the box set first then release the individuals later.

Why Warner won't get off their now lazy ass to release a few more of their classics is beyond me. Fox is going to town now on classic movies and Warner? They seem to be MIA all of a sudden, and their classic library is 3x as deep. Wtf Warner, I looked up to you, what happened?!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Wtf Warner, I looked up to you, what happened?!
"Did your balls drop off?"
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
All Bogart fans have at least some of these, if not all, the movies. So simply repackaging the same exact discs that were sold before, without any additional special features whatsoever, the target market for this is very limited. Generally studios offer the box set first then release the individuals later.

Why Warner won't get off their now lazy ass to release a few more of their classics is beyond me. Fox is going to town now on classic movies and Warner? They seem to be MIA all of a sudden, and their classic library is 3x as deep. Wtf Warner, I looked up to you, what happened?!
I agree completely with this post!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:01 AM

Until now, Warner has always been the leader as far as releasing deep catalog (partly because they have so much great stuff to choose from). I guess that torch is being passed on to Fox. Maybe Warner is already looking beyond Blu-ray, who knows, but (with very few exceptions) they don't appear to be at all interested in making Bogart-era films available on Blu-ray anymore. Hopefully it's just a lull before the storm.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Agreed. Also To Have and Have Not and Action in the North Atlantic. Come on Warners!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:

How absolutely true!! I agree 100% and look forward to Blu-ray releases of far more Bogie (and other) classics-- especially the lesser known ones!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 PM

I think all of the studios are looking to digital distribution as the new home video market. Blu-Ray is great for us enthusiasts, but the average consumer could care less about high def picture quality. My wife being one of them. I always bring out my newest Blu-Ray to show off and her reaction is "I don't see that big of a difference from DVD. DVDs are cheaper."
With most people only watching a film once or twice, it makes more sense to buy it digitally through Amazon or Apple or whoever and stream it via a Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, etc.