'Enemies Closer' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2014, 12:24 PM

Default 'Enemies Closer' - High-Def Digest Review

Van Damme and Peter Hyams reunite for 'Enemies Closer'. Bryan says this is a lot of fun. With strong video and audio, and a couple good extras, Van Damme fans will want to pick this up.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1075...es_closer.html
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 PM

LOL Van Damme in Expendables 3.. I had to look it up... He could play the brother of his Expendables 2 character... What a joke.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM

I remember seeing the trailer for this movie last year. Didn't look too bad at all. Glad to hear that the movie is actually pretty decent. I'll definitely be picking this up at some point. Nice to see that there's an audio commentary track with Peter Hyams as well. I've always enjoyed his work (with his film "2010: The Year We Make Contact" being one of my favourites).

I really wish his film A Sound of Thunder had turned out better. I thought it had a lot of potential. If only more time and money were put into the digital effects, it would've been a bigger success for sure. Just too bad the production company went bankrupt when it did.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM

I would give it a rent. I watched it on Vudu a couple of weeks ago. I'm as big a Van Damme supporter as anyone, I imitated his battle cries more than Bruce Lee's growing up after all.

There are good action sequences and indeed Van Damme is the best and by far most entertaining part of the movie(in fact his last line in the movie is not to be missed, I still laugh), however the rest of the film... Dialog is badly written and awkwardly delivered, especially between Orlando Jones and Tom Everett Scott, enough so to take you out of the movie. Also I just don't like Scott, he's ok in comedy, but the guy is just a wet noodle when it comes to action.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I'm as big a Van Damme supporter as anyone, I imitated his battle cries more than Bruce Lee's growing up after all.
I hope there's no home video footage of you imitating Van Damme's famous
splits. Any kid fan of Van Damme would have tried that stunt before thinking
twice.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 PM

No video, we never had a camera, but I could do the splits like that as a kid(VAn Damme inspired me). I lost the ability somewhere in my teens lol. I've got a pic of me doing them in karate class somewhere.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I've got a pic of me doing them in karate class somewhere.
I'd say ... share it with us?