'The Slumber Party Massacre' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM

Default 'The Slumber Party Massacre' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'The Slumber Party Massacre'. He says this is a fun horror slasher that takes some witty, post-modern jabs at the very genre to which it belongs. This Blu-ray showcases markedly improved audio and video presentations, but the bonus material is a bit light. Fans will be happy with this for sure.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1043..._massacre.html
Old 03-19-2014, 02:25 PM

So there's a killer in this named The Driller Killer? Interesting.... I have this 50 movie horror pack I bought a few years back that has a movie in it called "The Driller Killer" (the picture quality of it is pretty bad) that came out in 1979 (a couple of years before The Slumber Party Massacre was released). So am I under the impression that they kinda copied the idea for this movie??? Hmmmm....
Old 03-19-2014, 02:37 PM

This is completely different from Abel Ferrara's movie. They only used the name "Driller Killer" for promotional purposes because Ferrara's grindhouse classic attracted a good deal of controversy and because the use of power tools as the killer's weapon of choice also became a popular theme.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM

Ohhhh okay. After I posted my comment, I started to think that maybe Slumber Party Massacre was sort of like an unintentional sequel to The Driller Killer (like Halloween was to Black Christmas in a way).
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM

Default All these massacre movies are the same...

I'd tell tell you the plot, but....

...you know the drill.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilton View Post
I'd tell tell you the plot, but....

...you know the drill.

ba-dum-bump
Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 PM

I like the bonus material. Especially the still pictures of VHS and DVD cases from other countries, but I'm into that sort of thing. Played it last night.

Another interesting (and unfortunate) thing you will learn from the bonus material is that Valerie (Robin Stille) did herself in at age 35. They show her grave site.