'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Target Exclusive)' - High-Def Digest - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-18-2014, 12:03 PM

Default 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Target Exclusive)' - High-Def Digest

Luke has reviewed 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Target Exclusive)'. He says you should skip this retailer exclusive. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1164...exclusive.html
Old 03-18-2014, 12:09 PM

it is greatly disappointing how they changed the bonus disc to a dvd and the size of the packaging (which is actually a bit bigger than even the dvd release of the first movie exclusive) but a skip it rating seems rather harsh, I still opted to go with the Target release because the extra bonus features outweighed the cons for me personally (also I don't see the appeal of steelbooks)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 PM

Hickman: "I was so infuriated when this disc arrived that I immediately hopped online and ordered Best Buy's Steelbook edition for pick-up. Now I need to suck it up and re-buy the first movie in Steelbook form just to have a matching set..."

By doing that, you actually rewarded Lionsgate (I assume the fault is shared
by both Target and Lionsgate).

As for the size of the packaging, they can't really be faulted for that.
Uniformity is logical of course, but they never advertised it would be a
certain size. The website may actually have an accurate description of the
dimensions, and the in-store purchaser is holding the product, so the size is
obvious.

I think if you ask politely and firmly, especially noting that inside it is mis-
labeled "blu-ray", but it's a standard DVD; then Target should refund you your
money.

Only with enough returns would corporations know that they erred. They only
listen to $.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:21 PM

Looking through these screencaps, I can't help but wonder what Daft Punk intends to do with Gale.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBus View Post
Looking through these screencaps, I can't help but wonder what Daft Punk intends to do with Gale.
Ha! Touché. Or, alternatively, the Stig and his identical twin.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBus View Post
Taking him to The Grid I suppose.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Ha! Touché. Or, alternatively, the Stig and his identical twin.
The Stig is taking her to Death Race 2000 - the Hunger Games with cars!

Love me some Top Gear!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 PM

It is kind of weird seeing a review with high marks in all categories with a ''skip it'' recommendation/bottom line,lol. But I get what Luke was reviewing and understood his point. We don't usually see a movie, reviewed on this site, with such high marks and a ''skip it'' at the end,lol.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 AM

Has it been confirmed that all bonus discs are mislabeled as blurays when they are DVD?

I have the target exclusive and you bet I can't wait to get home and see if the bluray is indeed that. I would think I would have caught that being a different colored disc. That siad, I haven't got to the disc yet.

What would suck is if it isn't because I sold the package and just bought a 3 disc case after buying the normal edition. I just wanted the disc, and I actually made money selling the digital copy and the missing disc.

*update*...yup mine is DVD too. Damn I should look at things a little closer. So annoying.

Last edited by genesim; 03-20-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:32 PM

I was disappointed by the misprint too (it's very unprofessional) but they didn't entirely mislead buyers. The label on the back of the packaging clearly stated that the bonus disc was a DVD.

Also, Target rarely ever releases exclusive sets that match their previous releases. For example, their Dark Knight set came in a case that looked like Batman's cowl and their Dark Knight Rises set came packaged inside a book. They've haven't really set a precedent in terms of matching sets so I don't know why you expected the Catching Fire release to be any different.

Best Buy's set doesn't match their previous Hunger Games exclusive either. Their original Hunger Games set was a four-disc set that came in a big box packaged with a glass paper weight. The steelbook version (which lacks the extras from the four disc version) was released later to coincide with the Catching Fire release.