'The Jungle Book 2' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM

Default 'The Jungle Book 2' - High-Def Digest Review

Aaron has reviewed 'The Jungle Book 2' He says this one is one to avoid if you possibly can. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10469/jungle_book2.html
Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDD Review
Gone is the animation style of old, which is to be expected. But here they've peeled away everything that made the original animation so interesting and have instead replaced it with that ugly, bland Saturday Morning Cartoon feel. It's gross, sterile, flat, and ultimately boring.
Hey, with all the new digital tweaks in the Blu-ray transfer to make the film feel more modern, this bit of criticism could actually be applied to the first Jungle Book too!

I'll let myself out.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Hey, with all the new digital tweaks in the Blu-ray transfer to make the film feel more modern, this bit of criticism could actually be applied to the first Jungle Book too!

I'll let myself out.
Yeah. That's about what I said in my review of the original release a few weeks back.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-14-2014, 06:28 PM

From review, "...an especially hackneyed episode of 'Tail Spin.'"

If you are referring to the Disney Afternoon cartoon that featured many of the players from the Jungle Book, the title of the show was "Tale Spin" with an "e".

Sounds like there isn't much to enjoy in this DTV sequel. Thanks for the review.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post

If you are referring to the Disney Afternoon cartoon that featured many of the players from the Jungle Book, the title of the show was "Tale Spin" with an "e".
Curse you spell check for not realizing that I was talking about the TV show! Whoopsie.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Having bought the UK boxset for a similar price as only the 1st U.S. movie, sounds like I got JB2 as a freebie, or a BOGO, lol.

The screengrab under the Audio section looks like a background with stickers placed on it.

Because it is Disney it will sell a ton of copies regardless.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm even talking to the Disney movie collectors out there that have to have everything no matter how bad.
Are there really collectors out there that collects the DTV sequels too? I avoid them like the plague. To the extent that I refuse to buy combo packs that includes the orignal and the DTV follow up, even if it's cheaper than the original by itself or the original hasn't been released on its own yet.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trondmm View Post
Are there really collectors out there that collects the DTV sequels too?
Short answer: Yes there are.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 PM

Yes there are, I'm one of them. I might eventually grab this if it's super cheap, but I'm not in any rush. I only grab sequels to movies I own though. IE: I don't have Cinderella, so I don't have its sequels.

Some Disney DTV sequels are better than others, though most are middling to poor.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post

Sounds like there isn't much to enjoy in this DTV sequel. Thanks for the review.
I love Tale Spin I'd say these DTV sequels are a lot worse than Disney's late 80's-early 90's TV output.