'Winnie the Pooh: Springtime With Roo' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Default 'Winnie the Pooh: Springtime With Roo' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Winnie the Pooh: Springtime With Roo'. How is it? Lets just say he fell asleep halfway through, then had watch it again, starting from where he dozed of. With good video and weak audio, this Blu-ray is worth a rental for the kiddos, but they can watch it by themselves.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1042...pringtime.html
Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

RE: The Movie Itself. Might explain why it is $18.96 at a hicktown Walmart. Previous Pooh titles were $24.96.

Disney must have had a relatively easy transfer of this to spend their efforts rather than much wanted catalog titles. If DMC has a decent combo deal I still might pick this one up.

I understand the direct to video comment as they did have a bunch of stinkers. It's funny that Luke mentions Return of Jafar as I thought that of all the directs at the time, that one was the best.
Flash forward though to modern times - Disney has done well with direct to video releases, notably Fairies.

I tend to disagree a bit as well on the comment of how the Pooh franchise has never been very entertaining - Watched and loved the live action series in the 80's. Not to say my age but I was older than a kid back then.

One last laughable item - Looking at languages on the disc. Russian? Might expect that on a European release. Probably means the same disc will be released there.