'Frozen' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Default 'Frozen' - High-Def Digest Review

Michael S. Palmer has reviewed 'Frozen'. He says this is one of the best Disney Princess movies ever made. This Blu-ray features reference quality video and thunderous 7.1 sound. Extras are lighter than expected, but given the flawless presentation, as well as the quality of the film itself, this Blu-ray is highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10370/frozen_2013.html
Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM

pretty surprised they dropped the ball so bad on the bonus features
Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 AM

I just can't get there with this movie. It's rather ho-hum to me. Some decent songs ('Tangled' had better ones), some fun moments, and some really terrible awful stupid direct-to-DVD characters in the trolls. It's fine, but better than say Miyazaki's 'The Wind Rises'? Not a chance.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 03-05-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
I just can't get there with this movie. It's rather ho-hum to me. Some decent songs ('Tangled' had better ones), some fun moments, and some really terrible awful stupid direct-to-DVD characters in the trolls. It's fine, but better than say Miyazaki's 'The Wind Rises'? Not a chance.
I really liked Ernest and Celestine. Thought it outdid everything in the category.

I'm with you on Frozen. I thought it was fine...but a large portion of the songs make no lick of sense in their chosen forms. The style is just all over the place and it is a very jarring experience when in the theater. Nothing irks me more than super poppy songs. Catchy is fine. Beauty and the Beast had catchy songs...but none I would consider "poppy." It adhered to it's more "classical" styling by keeping the songs classy.

I said it when I saw it and I'll say it now...Frozen should have been 2D "hand-drawn." It looks so sterile.

Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 AM

SO no 3D version AND little to no bonus features? What the hell is going on over at Disney?

Anyway, this was easily the second best movie of 2013 and it deserved the Oscars it got. It is the best Disney movie since THe Lion King to come out. It looks gorgeous, the songs are some of the best Disney has ever done, and the story is great. I loved how it poked fun at all of the standard cliches the princess movies tend to have.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM

I loved Frozen....but I truly believe Tangled is the better movie.
Rapunzel and Flynn are both extremely well rounded characters. The dude in Frozen...i don't even remember his name.
I also prefer the music in Tangled. Maybe it's because I don't think Idina Menzel is nearly as great as some say (her singing voice is a little too nasally in my opinion).

I'm not crapping on the movie by any means (like I said, i loved it)....but I just get annoyed when Tangled doesn't get the respect I believe it deserves.

Last edited by Stormshadow4life; 03-05-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
SO no 3D version AND little to no bonus features? What the hell is going on over at Disney?

Anyway, this was easily the second best movie of 2013 and it deserved the Oscars it got. It is the best Disney movie since THe Lion King to come out. It looks gorgeous, the songs are some of the best Disney has ever done, and the story is great. I loved how it poked fun at all of the standard cliches the princess movies tend to have.
Fully agree with you, loved this one and its easily the best Disney movie they've done that isnt Pixar since their hand drawn days. I really enjoyed Tangled too, but Frozen takes the Disney princess and normal Disney movie tropes to another level.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM

Can't wait to see it. I've heard it has a few scary images in it, so not sure my 4-year old daughter can handle it (any thoughts from those with young kids?), but I'm sure I'll get it and check it out.

By the way, nice upgrade on the website!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyb37 View Post
By the way, nice upgrade on the website!
Thanks! Glad you like it.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 PM

I'm with skinnyb37, I LOVE the new look! For a second, I thought I was on the wrong site,lol. New look gives it a more fresher, updated look.

Great review. Bought the iTunes version already...waiting on my Zavvi steelbook now. Going to buy this version for my daughter for Easter.