'In the Mouth of Madness' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM

Default 'In the Mouth of Madness' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'In the Mouth of Madness'. Check it out.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3681/mouth_madness.html
Old 02-28-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
Bryan has reviewed 'In the Mouth of Madness'. Check it out.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3681/mouth_madness.html
I still clearly remember watching this in theaters when it first came out (I guess I was 14 or 15). GREAT movie. Not my favorite Carpenter film, but very creepy. (My favorite being 'The Thing').
Old 02-28-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I still clearly remember watching this in theaters when it first came out (I guess I was 14 or 15). GREAT movie. Not my favorite Carpenter film, but very creepy. (My favorite being 'The Thing').
I may watch this this weekend.
But I'm scared!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 PM

Very unique amongst Carpenter's repertoire. More diabolical, but still definitely Carpenter.

BTW, if we include They Live, wouldn't this make it the Carpenter 'Apocalypse Quadrilogy'?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:39 AM

I just bought this two weeks ago as I am in a Carpenter mood again and wanted something I haven't seen before (bought Prince of Darkness as well). Yeah, it was quite enjoyable and a nice homage to Lovecraft. My only complaint is that it did not have the cinematography I love so much from Carpenter's 80s movies.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM

1. I've never seen this movie, so as a Carpenter fan, thanks for the review - I'll check this one out.

2. I'd like to offer my services as a proofreader/spell-checker. (Yes I'm serious)
Old 03-03-2014, 06:05 AM

A very underrated Carpenter film! Saw it at the theater, and bought the DVD, but I'm disappointed that Warner was too cheap to produce more supplements. The commentary was painfully dull (unless you're interested in becoming a Director of Photography). I'll wait till the price significantly drops, but in the meantime, perhaps Shout Factory will release their own version with all new features? Wishful thinking.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM

I totally agree with this film; it's definitely one of Carpenter's best and even the genre's best.

A few mistakes:

Quote:
With questions statements like "Things must be getting pretty bad out there to bring you in" or 'You think he's one of them" makes my nerves stand on in and this the story begins. Trent is at lunch with his main client as they are discussing the case of a missing author named Sutter Cane (Jurgen Prochnow), a horror writer similar to Stephen King, but outsells every book on the market.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato72 View Post
2. I'd like to offer my services as a proofreader/spell-checker. (Yes I'm serious)
This article seriously needs one. I usually don't get bothered by the occasional issues, but this review actually becomes hard to read. It feels like someone was facing a deadline and their first draft turned into their final draft as well.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:14 AM

I love this movie not only because of the story but also the church is located a block north of my house

http://davidsusilo.com/images/award/award_1.jpg