'The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series' is coming April 22 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-27-2014, 01:46 PM

Default 'The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series' is coming April 22

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1081...n_compete.html
Old 02-27-2014, 02:02 PM

Whooo! Did not see this coming. This was a fantastic show, probably my favorite of all the Marvel cartoons. Will gladly be picking this up.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:48 AM

If the show hadn't been canceled, I would so have bought this. But as such, it will never be completed and sadly, not worth bothering with. It is a shame as this was such an incredible show.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:41 AM

This was the best Spider-Man cartoon in years and would even consider better than the 90's cartoon. It is a purchase for me
Old 02-28-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
This was the best Spider-Man cartoon in years and would even consider better than the 90's cartoon. It is a purchase for me
That's because the 90s cartoon has not aged well at all. The scripts are kind of bad, but the animation is absolutely atrocious.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
That's because the 90s cartoon has not aged well at all. The scripts are kind of bad, but the animation is absolutely atrocious.
Yep, quite true. Loved that show as a kid but when I checked it out on Netflix a couple of years ago or whenever it appeared I was shocked at how badly it had aged. Even back then the animation was spotty at times but the writing has just not held up at all.

I've not seen all of the second season of Spectacular, does it end on a cliffhanger or something?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
I've not seen all of the second season of Spectacular, does it end on a cliffhanger or something?
Honestly, I cannot say. I dropped the show the moment they announced it was canceled, which I think was after the fourth episode of the second season had aired.

The problem was, Greg Weisman was writing the show to be a 65 episode series, with five 13 episode seasons and the series was going to end with Peter graduating from high school and then he was going to do some direct to video movies that took place during Peter's college years so that they could do some more mature stories. But, like everything else the genius that is Greg Weisman touches, it was axed before it even truly got started.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Honestly, I cannot say. I dropped the show the moment they announced it was canceled, which I think was after the fourth episode of the second season had aired.

The problem was, Greg Weisman was writing the show to be a 65 episode series, with five 13 episode seasons and the series was going to end with Peter graduating from high school and then he was going to do some direct to video movies that took place during Peter's college years so that they could do some more mature stories. But, like everything else the genius that is Greg Weisman touches, it was axed before it even truly got started.
I hadn't heard about the plan for that show, that's a real bummer.

And yeah, it's criminal how often his stuff is cut short. A few years ago he started writing a Gargoyles comic that continued the show but ignored The Goliath chronicles and even that was ended prematurely due to Disney.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Not really a cliffhanger but soured relations between friends. The last episode was a real guessing game of who is it.

Plus i too would like to acknowledge the brilliance that is Greg Weisman. I was really hoping with the success of Avatar and other CGI Live-action hybrid movies, that a Gargoyles movie would come from it. How kick ass would that be if they went that route *goes into dream mode*
Old 03-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I hadn't heard about the plan for that show, that's a real bummer.
Yeah, he was in a pod cast interview when the first season was airing and discussed his plans for the show and that the studio were very impressed that he had the entire show mapped out.

Quote:
And yeah, it's criminal how often his stuff is cut short. A few years ago he started writing a Gargoyles comic that continued the show but ignored The Goliath chronicles and even that was ended prematurely due to Disney.
Don't forget Young Justice.