'Breathless (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-25-2014, 12:31 PM

Default 'Breathless (Combo Pack)' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed the Combo Pack Criterion release ' Breathless'. This is highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1031...ess_combo.html
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM

Just because I haven't watched my copy yet, I still have the single BD release sealed. Would that be discontinued? I try and keep my out of print Criterons sealed.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Just because I haven't watched my copy yet, I still have the single BD release sealed. Would that be discontinued? I try and keep my out of print Criterons sealed.
yes it was discontinued
Old 02-25-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
yes it was discontinued
Thanks! I really want to watch it though, as the Criterion BDs are so much better than the Criterion versions on Hulu.

I believe my only other sealed Criterions are 'Howard's End' and 'Last Year at Marienbad'.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Thanks! I really want to watch it though, as the Criterion BDs are so much better than the Criterion versions on Hulu.

I believe my only other sealed Criterions are 'Howard's End' and 'Last Year at Marienbad'.
OPEN it
Movies are meant to be watched.

I paid a high price for the out of production Third Man on Criterion blu ray. I opened it immediately and watched it.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM

Breathless has no value...

I mean unopened and beyond what you paid for it originally, of course.

The first release isn't special. It didn't go OOP forever. It isn't a different transfer. It doesn't have different extras. The single disc SKU was just replaced by a combo pack.

It's not like The Third Man, or Army of Shadows, or any of the other actual discs now out of print that actually command a decent price if sold sealed. (Even then... as Boston says, movies are meant to be watched.)

Open it and watch it.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
Breathless has no value...

I mean unopened and beyond what you paid for it originally, of course.

The first release isn't special. It didn't go OOP forever. It isn't a different transfer. It doesn't have different extras. The single disc SKU was just replaced by a combo pack.

It's not like The Third Man, or Army of Shadows, or any of the other actual discs now out of print that actually command a decent price if sold sealed. (Even then... as Boston says, movies are meant to be watched.)

Open it and watch it.
I figured with the new release, being the same disc in different packaging, I wouldn't see some huge jump in the first release's sealed value...but I would kick myself if I opened it only to see it going for $100+ used in a year.

But, even if the value went up a few bucks, I wouldn't be selling it...so I might as well watch it!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:45 PM

Review isn't coming up and I don't see it listed in the review section either.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Should be up now. Sorry for delay.