'Rocky Heavyweight Collection' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Default 'Rocky Heavyweight Collection' - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed the 'Rocky Heavyweight Collection'. This is highly recommended. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1059...avyweight.html
Old 02-24-2014, 01:31 PM

I think I'll wait until the remastered Rocky is available as a stand alone release. Not interested in the steelbook edition. We might have to wait years before all the movies get a descent transfer, Blu-Ray will likely be obsolete by that time, maybe we will see them all on 4K.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:38 PM

I'll be waiting for the stand alone release of the first Rocky as well (I own the prior BD collection). It's too bad the other films weren't restored, but even if they were, I don't know if I'd double dip on a whole collection. I'm not too upset if Rocky V has a less than stellar transfer.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I'll be waiting for the stand alone release of the first Rocky as well (I own the prior BD collection). It's too bad the other films weren't restored, but even if they were, I don't know if I'd double dip on a whole collection. I'm not too upset if Rocky V has a less than stellar transfer.
The "Undisputed Collection" will have to do for me also. I really don't want to have to buy the remastered Rocky as a stand alone disc, because then I would have to wait until they were all remastered and released as stand alone discs, and that could take a very long time.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM

I didn't see what the missing items and the "surprise" that were included in this are. Were they specified in the in the article and I just missed them? Granted I half read/half skimmed.

Also, were there audio commentaries for the other films besides 1 and 6? I read a review on Amazon that said all sorts of extras were still missing from this set, and am wondering why they're still missing.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
Agreed. I was sure I saw a listing somewhere that Rocky (1) was going to be released on it's own.... I'm definitely not double-dipping for the entire collection again.
Nice to hear that the remaster of it is stellar though. I really hope Fox/MGM release it as a standalone later this year....
Old 02-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Hey, that's an awesome Movie Itself review...

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-24-2014, 11:07 PM

^^Yes. Yes, it is a good review.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 02-25-2014, 02:03 AM

I'm about as big a Rocky serious fan as you're going to get, but finding it hard to come up with a reason to buy it since I already have The Undisputed set and The SE DVD with all the extras from several years ago.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 AM

I think I will boycott MGM, or any other company that want to go down the road of multiple recycled releases of substandard masters just to make money.