'Short Term 12' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-24-2014, 12:05 PM

Default 'Short Term 12' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Short Term 12'. He says this is a refreshing and original movie, one of his favorites of 2013. Highly Recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10785/shortterm12.html
Old 02-24-2014, 12:18 PM

One of the true unsung great movies of 2013. Brie Larson is ready to start leading movies. A really great performance from her.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
One of the true unsung great movies of 2013. Brie Larson is ready to start leading movies. A really great performance from her.
Bought this a few weeks back from amazon.ca for about $12. I still haven't found the time to watch it yet. I keep hearing how terrific this film is. Rotten Tomatoes scores this film VERY highly too. I'm really surprised that it's not more popular than it is. I'm definitely going to try and find the time to watch it later this week.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Bought this a few weeks back from amazon.ca for about $12. I still haven't found the time to watch it yet. I keep hearing how terrific this film is. Rotten Tomatoes scores this film VERY highly too. I'm really surprised that it's not more popular than it is. I'm definitely going to try and find the time to watch it later this week.
Very limited release. It was one that critics really praised, tried to get people to go see it, but there wasn't anywhere people could go see it. Sad, because given the high praise it got, word of mouth would've been huge had it opened in more theaters. Hopefully it finds new life on home video. A movie that people discover and share with others. That's the only way for people to know it even exists.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Very limited release. It was one that critics really praised, tried to get people to go see it, but there wasn't anywhere people could go see it. Sad, because given the high praise it got, word of mouth would've been huge had it opened in more theaters. Hopefully it finds new life on home video. A movie that people discover and share with others. That's the only way for people to know it even exists.
That's true. I just wish they could've marketed the video release a little better somehow. I didn't even know this existed until amazon.ca had this on sale and I clicked on the link without even knowing what the movie was about. Hopefully it does well on video.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
That's true. I just wish they could've marketed the video release a little better somehow. I didn't even know this existed until amazon.ca had this on sale and I clicked on the link without even knowing what the movie was about. Hopefully it does well on video.
Agreed. It was undersold by its distributor for sure.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 PM

Finally got around to watching this the other night. It was pretty good. Definitely not 5 out of 5 perfect, but a solid 4 out of 5 I'd say. Looking past a few clichés within the movie (which is understandable for a film like this), it had great performances from everyone involved and a solid storyline that was executed well enough.

One thing I wasn't a big fan of was some of the camera work. The entire movie was pretty much shot with the camera being hand-held. I found it got a little too shaky at times and I actually started getting a LITTLE BIT nauseous after a while. Stuff like that has never bothered me before (I'm fine watching stuff in 3D and The Bourne Ultimatum doesn't bother me at all). Using a tripod or something would've been nice at times.
But with that minor gripe aside, this is still a movie definitely worth checking out.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
One thing I wasn't a big fan of was some of the camera work. The entire movie was pretty much shot with the camera being hand-held. I found it got a little too shaky at times and I actually started getting a LITTLE BIT nauseous after a while. Stuff like that has never bothered me before (I'm fine watching stuff in 3D and The Bourne Ultimatum doesn't bother me at all). Using a tripod or something would've been nice at times.
But with that minor gripe aside, this is still a movie definitely worth checking out.
I'm not a handheld camera fan either, but to be fair, they shot this thing on a budget so small they might not even have been able to afford a tripod.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM

FYI, this is the 99 cent rental on iTunes this week.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
FYI, this is the 99 cent rental on iTunes this week.
DEFINITELY worth the 99 cents!