'Thor: The Dark World' and 'Thor: The Dark World -3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Default 'Thor: The Dark World' and 'Thor: The Dark World -3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews

Aaron has reviewed 'Thor: The Dark World'. Here's what he thought...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10378/thor2.html

and our review of the 3D

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10379/thor2_3d.html
Old 02-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Yeah I completely disagree with this one, as I am a fan of Iron Man 2 as well, but I certainly felt this was a better overall movie than the first Thor, focusing on Thor and his world (hence why the movie is called Thor), but it does have the same issues that Iron Man 3 had as well, a HUGE threat to humanity and no other Avengers around, or Shield really for that matter, but I've just learned to look past that because the movie isnt about the Avengers, its about one particular character of the Avengers. I personally like the world of Thor and love the mash up of the medieval with the futuristic stuff. But hey to each their own

I found this Thor to be a huge leap in quality and fun over the first film honestly, unfortunately I think too many people want these better connected to the others and no so separate from the group so to say, its hard to pull it off but I'm fine with each individual movie focusing on a big problem for that one character to overcome, I'm glad this Thor focused more on him and his world, otherwise we would be watching another Avengers movie.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:05 PM

"Star Thors" is probably the best way I heard it described.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 PM

I actually somewhat agree with this review. I gave Thor 2 an 8/10 (so a 4/5), but it was definitely inferior to the first movie as they put action over character development and plot. Loki was the main attraction of this movie as he stole every scene he was in. Nevertheless, you can tell Branagh did not direct this one as it felt entirely different from the first movie.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I actually somewhat agree with this review. I gave Thor 2 an 8/10 (so a 4/5), but it was definitely inferior to the first movie as they put action over character development and plot. Loki was the main attraction of this movie as he stole every scene he was in. Nevertheless, you can tell Branagh did not direct this one as it felt entirely different from the first movie.
I'm not really sure how this put action over character and plot when the first film had Thor falling for some girl and completely changing his attitude and life around in a couple days tops. It was really far fetched and I felt it was far from bringing good character development to the character. At least in his own world he has much more to deal with, his father, ascending to the throne and his brother Loki. Besides the fish out of water stuff on Earth in the first film, I'm not totally sure what developing he really did, except speeding through a couple of days to fully recover and become the man he should be, supposedly
Old 02-21-2014, 01:02 PM

For those who love the movie, just know that the presentation - both Audio and Visual - is awesome.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-21-2014, 01:19 PM

Interesting...I have a good friend that swears this Movie is his 2nd favorite behind Iron Man. I have it preordered, so I am looking forward to seeing this for myself.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:28 PM

Ugh, I completely disagree. So many more things happened in this movie that I cared about than in the first one, found Asgard to be much more interesting than seeing Thor be awkward on Earth, and loved how it actually worked on its own instead of trying to tie the character in to The Avengers. My main problem with Thor is it felt like an extended commercial for The Avengers. "Here are a few character that are going to be in The Avengers, this is why you should care about them" whereas Thor 2 is "Okay, now we're gonna take that character you like and give him a movie set in his own world."

Last edited by EpsilonX; 02-21-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
For those who love the movie, just know that the presentation - both Audio and Visual - is awesome.
I disagree with you about the movie but this is what really counts so I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for the review.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Are there any exclusives(Target, Best Buy)?
I would totally get the Zaavi steelbook but I dont have Thor 1 in steelbook and the completionist in me would go apeshit