'How I Live Now' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Default 'How I Live Now' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'How I Live Now'. Check it out.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10589/howilivenow.html
Old 02-20-2014, 10:08 AM

Only skimmed the review (didn't want to know too much about the movie)....but from what I gather, you couldn't get past a love affair between first cousins? Sheesh, it's more common then you think (and legal)....
Old 02-20-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
Only skimmed the review (didn't want to know too much about the movie)....but from what I gather, you couldn't get past a love affair between first cousins? Sheesh, it's more common then you think (and legal)....
True, that bothered me. But the fact the driving force for the duo's return became the emphasis on the film - now that war lifestyle. While the war bits are depicted very well, there's far more emphasis on the brewing romance.

You should have read my first draft of the review. I didn't realize that marrying cousins was legal in the UK. In that states, that's a no-no.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 PM

Not only that, but Luke seems to be openly dissing the amazing Cold Mountain. What gives?
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM

I was actually referring to the States in my comment. It's illegal in PA (where I live), but I did work with people that still dated their cousin at two different workplaces (believe it or not!). Weirded me out at first....apparently it's cultural thing where their families came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_...tates_by_state
Old 02-20-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderJerusalem View Post
Not only that, but Luke seems to be openly dissing the amazing Cold Mountain. What gives?
I've been openly dissing Cold Mountain for some time now. Read my review. I've tried to like that movie, including giving it another shot, but just can't get into it.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
I was actually referring to the States in my comment. It's illegal in PA (where I live), but I did work with people that still dated their cousin at two different workplaces (believe it or not!). Weirded me out at first....apparently it's cultural thing where their families came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_...tates_by_state
Wow. I'm surprised. Those stats are wild! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM

I read something saying there's a comment early in the film explaining the characters are step-cousins. No idea if that's accurate.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
I read something saying there's a comment early in the film explaining the characters are step-cousins. No idea if that's accurate.
If that's in there, I somehow completely missed it.