'Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Default 'Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics.' Here's his take:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9674...y_evil_dc.html
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM

While I think it deserves more than the score it got, I cannot argue with the complaints. I understand they cannot talk about every villain ever created, but I was hoping more for the history behind a villain. Like for example, how Joker was actually based off Lon Chaney from The Man Who Laughs and then a discussion on the different incarnations with the character we have seen over the years. A full on discussion about Jack Kirby's creation of the inhabitants of Apokolips, or at least, something on Darkseid. ETC.

The worst part of it though was the last 10-15 minutes when they just started to talk about upcoming plans in the N52 and then doing nothing but discussing the N52. Oh yeah, and everything from Dan Dido in this thing sucked.

Nevertheless, it was worth watching and worth getting as an Xmas present.