'Dallas Buyers Club' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2014, 01:30 PM

Default 'Dallas Buyers Club' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Dallas Buyers Club.' He says this is engaging, occasionally funny, and downright appealing. This is a great movie with a pair of truly wonderful performances. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10349/dallas_club.html
Old 02-03-2014, 01:48 PM

Ok film but it was a bit too sentimental for me. The writing and directing didn't do anything special. Plus, the cinematography was horrible. I'm all for natural lighting, but they did a piss poor job at it. Being shot digitally didn't help matters, nor the shaky cam aesthetic. The period detail wasn't too good either. At one point, I saw one of the characters have an LCD TV in the background. Garner wasn't good, which surprised me because I loved her in Juno. This is definitely a film more about showcasing the two performances from McConaughey and Leto, and both undoubtedly knock it out of the park, though I slightly prefer McConaughey's performance in Mud, but that's just a preference.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 PM

Didn't know this was already out, might as well rent the Blu. This and Philomena are the last two Best Pic nods I have yet to see.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 AM

Thought this was an incredible movie. From the performances by McConaughey and Leto to the cinematography (everything looked _real_), there wasn't a single false note in the film.

It'll be an utter travesty if Leto doesn't win the supporting actor Oscar. This is a performance for the ages.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM

I have yet to see this is it really that good?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degrassiboi View Post
I have yet to see this is it really that good?
Solid flick. Worth the rental (not much in the way of rewatchability).
Old 10-05-2014, 02:12 AM

Picked this up for $8 at Fry's this week. I know that I'm interested in seeing this
with all the rave reviews. But I have a feeling this will collect some dust before
I get around to it. But at $8, it's a buy.
http://www.frys.com/product/7983270?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG