'The Man with No Name Trilogy (4K Remastered Edition)' is up for pre-order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2014, 08:15 PM
Staff

Default 'The Man with No Name Trilogy (4K Remastered Edition)' is up for pre-order

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1071...emastered.html
Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 PM

I've read some chatter on another forum that only The Good, The Bad and the Ugly has actually been remastered. The other two will be repackagings of older discs.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I've read some chatter on another forum that only The Good, The Bad and the Ugly has actually been remastered. The other two will be repackagings of older discs.
That would be so typical - just like the new Rocky set. First movie yes, the others just repackages. Although some would argue it to be understandable when they redid Robocop and not the sequels, at least they sold Robocop by itself and not a 3 movie set. A completist would want all 3 even if the other 2 are sorry excuses for a movie. I am seeing a pattern here-and pockets lining themselves as they resell the same old discs again.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 PM

Goddammit... how many times are we going to have to buy this film?? Its like the White album all over again!

I reckon that if we can prove we have purchased this title on two separate formats, then we should get all future releases on the current format for free!
Old 02-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
I reckon that if we can prove we have purchased this title on two separate formats, then we should get all future releases on the current format for free!
Or since we've paid for multiple viewing licenses, we should only have to pay a nominal fee to replace the disc/format.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 AM

That sounds good too!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 AM

Along with Dune and Sound of Music, I've lost track of the amount of times I've picked up The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on VHS, Laserdisc and DVD, but I have bought it only once so far on Blu-ray. Will be twice with this 4k remaster though.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 AM

They should do what they did with the DVD set and include Duck You Sucker as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
That would be so typical - just like the new Rocky set. First movie yes, the others just repackages. Although some would argue it to be understandable when they redid Robocop and not the sequels, at least they sold Robocop by itself and not a 3 movie set. A completist would want all 3 even if the other 2 are sorry excuses for a movie. I am seeing a pattern here-and pockets lining themselves as they resell the same old discs again.
To be fair to MGM, Good Bad Ugly was the worst of the original batch of Blu-rays and the most in need of remastering.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauba View Post
They should do what they did with the DVD set and include Duck You Sucker as well.
Couldn't agree more. They had a DVD set that had the Dollars Trilogy and Duck You Sucker, so why not blu ray? Shame.

TGTB&TU is a movie I would gladly buy again as long as the picture and sound is better. But I wouldn't want to pay more than $10-15 for it.