Anyone looking forward to the 40th Anniversary of Death Wish on Blu? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 PM

Default Anyone looking forward to the 40th Anniversary of Death Wish on Blu?

I am a BIG fan of the original Death Wish and am very happy that it FINALLY is coming to next week. I hope being that it is an anniversary edition, it ends up looking Great in High Def. I know the movie is old, so I am not sure what to expect.

Has anyone heard or read any pre release news on it by chance?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 PM

I'm excited for 'Death Wish,' but only wish I knew why Warner did send an early copy for review.

Nonetheless, can't wait to watch in HD!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 02-01-2014, 02:06 AM

I am assuming when an early copy isn't sent, that isn't a good thing? I really hope its good, I have been waiting for it to come to blu ray for the past few years!! Literally too! It's one of my favorite movies of all time.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM

This is all I could find so far about Death Wish. I will be picking this up tomorrow if my Best Buy happens to have it. Not holding my breath on a catalog title though, may have to order from Amazon.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Death-Wish-Blu-ray/42645/
Old 02-04-2014, 04:40 AM

I remember first seeing Death Wish and Death Wish 2 when I was four years old, and it is still one of my favourite movies. Even though the audio track is mono only, with no other alternative, I am looking forward to exceptional PQ. I read the review on the other site, and it looks really good.

This will be a definite buy for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
I remember first seeing Death Wish and Death Wish 2 when I was four years old, and it is still one of my favourite movies. Even though the audio track is mono only, with no other alternative, I am looking forward to exceptional PQ. I read the review on the other site, and it looks really good.

This will be a definite buy for me.
I went to every store that sells Blu Ray within 20 miles of where I live, and NOBODY had Death Wish! I was so p'ed! LOL I guess I'll have to order it thru Amazon and wait a few days for it to arrive. I thought I would be watching Death Wish in HD tonight, but it's not happening! Dammit!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed081873 View Post
I went to every store that sells Blu Ray within 20 miles of where I live, and NOBODY had Death Wish! I was so p'ed! LOL I guess I'll have to order it thru Amazon and wait a few days for it to arrive. I thought I would be watching Death Wish in HD tonight, but it's not happening! Dammit!
You're lucky that you will get to see it even that soon. I am working in another country, the soonest I will get to kick back and watch Death Wish on Blu-Ray will be the beginning of May. I have been waiting for this release for months, I will probably buy it along with Death Wish 2 and 3 on Blu-Ray. Death Wish 4 was terrible.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You're lucky that you will get to see it even that soon. I am working in another country, the soonest I will get to kick back and watch Death Wish on Blu-Ray will be the beginning of May. I have been waiting for this release for months, I will probably buy it along with Death Wish 2 and 3 on Blu-Ray. Death Wish 4 was terrible.
Damn, that is a long wait...sorry to hear that. I will do a review of the movie when I get it. I have Death Wish 2 on BR, it is decent. Some scenes look fantastic, others just so so. Being the collector I am, I will also have to pick up DW 3 at some point. Have them all on DVD, but I want to own the best looking format of the series. I also want to do a side by side comparison of the BR and the regular DVD version and see how much better it looks on Blu.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:27 AM

I wonder when we will see a review of Death Wish on Blu-Ray? Does anyone know if a review is in the works?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I wonder when we will see a review of Death Wish on Blu-Ray? Does anyone know if a review is in the works?
I AGREE! Death Wish is a pretty famous movie, you would think a review by this site would have been done by now!