'Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Default 'Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa.' He recommends it for fans. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10233/bad_grandpa.html
Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM

What the hell is wrong with you? That is four stars too high.

As for the Oscar nomination, my god, what is going on?! Pacific Rim got shafted from even a best effects nomination while this piece of utter shit was given one for make up. I might not always agree with the Oscar winners, but this is just an insult to humanity.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 PM

I'm normally disappointed with with Knoxville's movies because of too much emphasis on the gross out factor, but this didn't have nearly as much, and I too was laughing from start to finish. Very funny movie, and the kid adds a lot of charm.

I also think it would be amazing if this won an Oscar.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? That is four stars too high.

As for the Oscar nomination, my god, what is going on?! Pacific Rim got shafted from even a best effects nomination while this piece of utter shit was given one for make up. I might not always agree with the Oscar winners, but this is just an insult to humanity.
You never state what you didn't like about the film. So . . . what did you not like about the film and why?

I thought it was damn funny. The awkward glimpses into human nature as people react to the absurdity around them is unsettling and funny as hell. One of the most telling and unsettling reactions was the male judge during the beauty pageant.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:19 PM

Never saw Jackass before and haven't watched MTV since they ran music videos 24/7. Saw this in the theater with a friend 25 years my junior (I'm 54) setting myself up to hate it and quietly endure it until it was over. As it turns out, this is easily the funniest, cringe-inducing, laugh-out-loud movie I've seen all year and the fastest 90 minutes of the summer. Not every gag hits a homer but most do and even the relative duds are worth a few chuckles. The kid and the story add a lot of heart to what would otherwise be just a series of (occasionally) vulgar candid camera stunts. My guilty pleasure.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus0 View Post
You never state what you didn't like about the film. So . . . what did you not like about the film and why?

I thought it was damn funny. The awkward glimpses into human nature as people react to the absurdity around them is unsettling and funny as hell. One of the most telling and unsettling reactions was the male judge during the beauty pageant.
I actually haven't watched the movie itself because the trailer was god awful, degrading, and stupid. Not to mention I saw the trailer 9 weeks straight, so I pretty much know the entire movie. This is one movie I don't need to see to hate as it is just retarded and mean spirited. But if you must know, it was the whole toddlers in tiaras part. That was just gross.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
I actually haven't watched the movie itself because the trailer was god awful, degrading, and stupid. Not to mention I saw the trailer 9 weeks straight, so I pretty much know the entire movie. This is one movie I don't need to see to hate as it is just retarded and mean spirited. But if you must know, it was the whole toddlers in tiaras part. That was just gross.
Please do not contribute your opinion then. Obviously the film offended you so why not reflect on why it did and then elaborate instead of just trashing it as "an insult to humanity." I would say that you simply did not get it because of the last thing you said but you said you never saw it so I would not expect you to.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
I actually haven't watched the movie itself because the trailer was god awful, degrading, and stupid.

You should be reviewing movies for the site then!

Seriously... are you just that much of a sad egotist that you have to write in (almost instantly) to diss the reviewers opinion... not actually because you disagree with it, but because you simply THINK you're going to disagree with it!

Or have your parents disowned you and you just have nobody else to talk to?

EDIT: For the record, I really enjoyed this movie and was surprised at how it evolved the old Jackass formula, and even brought some palpable emotion during some of the final scenes... considering its roots, I think this film is a highly commendable achievement.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 AM

I'm sorry, but no, just no. This is one movie I will NOT ignore. It is disgusting and insulting. The fact that you people are defending this utter piece of shit is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
But if you must know, it was the whole toddlers in tiaras part. That was just gross.
I'm not sure what exactly your problem was with that part, but if it was the fact that they had a kid beauty pageant thing, then they were basically making fun of that whole thing and not really promoting it.