'Never Sleep Again' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM

Default 'Never Sleep Again' - High-Def Digest Review

With the original 'Nightmare on Elm Street' film celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year, the comprehensive and exhaustive documentary 'Never Sleeps Again' finally hits Blu-ray. E says this massive retrospective is more than satisfying!

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1023...eep_again.html
Old 01-17-2014, 01:06 PM

its too bad the image isn't that big an improvement over the dvd but then again its just a doc...so i guess i wasn't expecting anything too amazing. but i'm a huge Nightmare fan so i'm definitely double dipping to get the blu of this, it'll sit nice next to the Friday doc blu....well ok my movies are listed alphabetically so they won't literally be next to each other but you know. :P

i'm glad to see they kept all the contents of the 2nd disc.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:39 AM

That is way too pricey for a documentary.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:03 AM

I saw this a couple of months ago on hulu. I didn't even know it was 4 hours until it was over. Highly entertaining! Loved it. What I always loved about this series is all these up and coming directors putting they own spin or look to it. It is based on dreams and it gives filmmakers a huge template to draw from. Great doc from beginning to end. Fan or not of the series.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
No kidding, it's about what I paid for the DVD that came with the Heather Langenkamp signed poster.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
well thats more or less the price of new release blu-rays around here so i'm not too surprised. also since its 4hrs long and you get another 4hrs of content that includes another 90mins of extra interview footage, i think its a good deal anyway especially if you don't own the dvd.

but that said, i do admit i figured it be in the 21-24 dollar range at most. but we get ripped off in canada anyway so at the same time, i'm not surprised. (so far its 29$ on our amazon).
Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 AM

Default $16.99 at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/never-sl...-ray&lp=1&cp=1

Cancelled my Amazon.com order and went with Best Buy instead.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:38 PM

Equally as good as His Name Was Jason? Not quite! Although I did enjoy HNWJ, Never Sleep Again was way more in depth and informative. I did watch and enjoy Crystal Lake Memories a few weeks ago. Even though they recycled a lot of the same interviews from HNWJ, Never Sleep Again still wins by a landslide. The presentation was much more enjoyable. Plus, I would rather listen to Heather Langenkamp for seven hours compared to Corey Feldman! Thanks to thalazy, I'll be picking this up at Best Buy!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:20 AM

What does the menu look like for both discs on this set?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:30 AM

They look like this:

Disc One: documentary

Disc Two: Supplements
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael