Titus (1999) - Twilight Time release coming January 22, 2014 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 AM

Default Titus (1999) - Twilight Time release coming January 22, 2014

• VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1
  • AUDIO: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA / English 2.0 DTS-HD MA
  • SUBTITLES: English SDH
  • Special features:
    • Isolated Score Track
    • Audio Commentary with Director Julie Taymor
    • Audio Commentary with Composer Elliot Goldenthal
    • Audio Commentary with Actors Anthony Hopkins and Harry Lennix
    • Making-of Documentary
    • Q & A with Julie Taymor
    • Penny Arcade Nightmares
    • Trailers and TV Spots

Limited to 3000 copies. The movie features a stellar performance from Anthony Hopkins and is simply one of my favorite Shakespearean adaptations. Shame that it's a Twilight Time release, and I'm not crazy about the red cover with its awkward font. But better this than no Blu-ray release at all!

Booklet art:
Spoiler

Last edited by eastx; 01-12-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 PM

I watched this years ago and fell asleep. I could not get into it. I need to rewatch it.

This release appears to have some good supplements like the commentaries so that's good for a Twilight release.

Will you guys review this before release by chance?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 PM

Isn't Twilight Time the dbags that sell a release for an outrageous price only on their website until they sell out of all 15 copies they made just to up the market value of it?
Old 01-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Yep. I got screwed out of Christine due to problems with their website. I'll never attempt to do business with them again.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:34 PM

At a more reasonable price, I'm sure my brother would be interested in upgrading. And I would be interested in seeing it for the first time.
But I suppose I agree with this being a limited title more than I agree with As Good As it Gets or Night of the Living Dead.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 AM

Damn, totally forgot that this was coming out in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
Yep. I got screwed out of Christine due to problems with their website. I'll never attempt to do business with them again.
Christine? As in the John Carpenter movie based off Stephen King? That came out on BD?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Isn't Twilight Time the dbags that sell a release for an outrageous price only on their website until they sell out of all 15 copies they made just to up the market value of it?
It sucks that they only print 3,000 copies. But if anybody here on the forums actually wants the movie and doesn't mind paying $30 for it (which is close enough to Criterion prices), this is their chance to get it now and not be hurt by the limited pressing.

My problem with TT titles is HDD doesn't cover enough of them, so I never hear about them in time. They sell out by the time I even know they exist. This time, I was ordering their new Sinbad releases and saw that Titus would soon be coming as well.

Quote:
Christine? As in the John Carpenter movie based off Stephen King? That came out on BD?
Yes! Christine info. As did Enemy Mine. How I wish I'd gotten both of those. But you can find them for higher prices in the aftermarket. $100 on eBay for Christine though - ouch.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 AM

So why is a company like this allowed to exist? Isn't this discriminatory releases as they are only allowing those with money to buy their products?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
So why is a company like this allowed to exist? Isn't this discriminatory releases as they are only allowing those with money to buy their products?
No, it's not discriminatory. $29.99 is the price of each title (varies occasionally) and they're limited edition. Everyone has the same chance to get a title at the MSRP by preordering or buying quickly upon release. Sometimes titles sell out on day one, so preordering is better with this distributor.

None of us really likes Twilight Time's business model, but they do bring some titles to Blu-ray that would otherwise not get released. Here's an interview where they lay out how it all works:

Twilight Time interview