'Thanks for Sharing' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM

Default 'Thanks for Sharing' - High-Def Digest Review

Luke has reviewed 'Thanks for Sharing.' He says the film starts out well, but the second half drops the ball. This might be worth a rental if you're curious. Here's the scoop...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1021...s_sharing.html
Old 01-10-2014, 04:30 PM

Don't know about the ---"...starts well..." part. Many stars or not, the acting is a little strange, or maybe it is just the dialog. Some parts are simply badly written. Would anybody while having the first kiss ask the other one "Oh, btw are you an addict? My last boyfriend was an addict and I don't want to be with someone who is an addict....". Of course he is! But he doesn't say! BS IMHO. Only because the movie is about addiction doesn't mean that something like that would happen. The chances of that are 100,000 to 1. Only one example of a couple of strange dialogs throughout the movie.

Sorry to say we did not even finish this one. The movie didn't tell us anything new and as mentioned before, the dialog and acting didn't keep us interested.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:57 PM

No matter how good this film may be, I am not going anywhere NEAR it because motherfucking PINK is in it.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
No matter how good this film may be, I am not going anywhere NEAR it because motherfucking PINK is in it.
Might be a surprise, but she was IMHO the best part of this gem.-
Old 01-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boguspomp View Post
Might be a surprise, but she was IMHO the best part of this gem.-
Her first scene in the movie - an AA meeting where she opens up - is pretty great. She impressed me. When she says her "or I'll kill myself" line, I felt like I wasn't watching acting, but a real cry of despair. Of all the movie's flaws, Pink isn't one of them.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:23 AM

This was way better than expected and Pink did a good job. Lot of good actors as well. I cracked a big ass smile when Carol Kane shows up as the doctors mom. I was think of Taxi when I see her which is a good thing. I don't think I'll ever need to own this one but it was a solid 90 min or so distraction for the day.