'You're Next' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Default 'You're Next' - High-Def Digest Review

Bryan has reviewed 'You're Next.' He says this horror slasher film is a lot of fun for fans of the genre. With great video, audio, and commentaries, this Blu-ray is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/10232/youre_next.html
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM

My personal favorite horror film of 2013. Very fun. Definitely one I'll revisit each Halloween
Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM

It's nice to see that someone that reviewed the film can appreciate the film for its over the top ridiculousness.. He mentioned in the article that it's the perfect midnight film to jump-start the nerves. Funny it's at its best when viewed at midnight, much like I saw it when surrounded by approx. 900-1200 of your closest friends..

The film premiered at the Midnight Madness program at the Toronto International Film Festival, although it didn't win the peoples choice award that year (it went to Gareth Evans "The Raid") it was a fun entertaining night and a much welcome entry to the "Home Invasion" genre of horror films.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:01 AM

I keep hearing good things about this one but I don't like slasher movies. Hmm...
Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
I keep hearing good things about this one but I don't like slasher movies. Hmm...
I really doubt you'd like it then. It's a darkly funny movie, but it's still a slasher
Old 01-14-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshadow4life View Post
I really doubt you'd like it then. It's a darkly funny movie, but it's still a slasher
Ah, you're probably right. Thanks man.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This movie looks like lots of fun. I am getting a copy before the slipcover pressings disappear.
I tried to buy this on Thursday at my local Walmart, was going to PM best Buy which is not close to me, SOLD OUT. According to the associate, they received 3 copies of the Blu and probably 50 of the dvd. So much for Walmart's devotion to Blu huh?
Amazon's threshold for FSSS is $35, so I went to Deepdiscount and made the purchase as theirs is $25. They too were PMing BB's price. Even straight shipping, DD charges $1.99, Amazon $3.98.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Doesn't this movie have "GoldBerg" ?
Old 01-22-2014, 03:28 AM

I thought this looked dumb at first but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to see it. I haven't seen a good slasher in a while so I kinda wanna check this out
Old 01-31-2014, 10:51 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Just watched this title tonight and was quite disappointed with the sound.
The *only* reason that things creeping up at you scare you is because the dialog track is so WEAK that you have to constantly have to turn the volume UP throughout the movie until you finally hit the sweet spot. At that point, loud/scare sounds are well, LOUD.
If you were to use the Lionsgate or DTS HD promo trailer at the beginning as a gauge for the sound level, you have to turn it way down or get blown out of your seat, only to not hear the movie afterwards.
I also noticed several random clicks and pops, probably bad editing throughout the movie.
With the volume level up, the infamous Lionsgate bitstream bomb scared the hell out of me as well - only struck once though.

The video was rather dark. Well lit scenes were full of detail as suggested by the review.
The movie itself was unique and enjoyable.