'Knights of Badassdom' is coming April 1 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Staff

Default 'Knights of Badassdom' is coming April 1

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1059...badassdom.html
Old 01-08-2014, 04:37 PM

Finally, I've been waiting a long time for this, took them forever to get proper distribution over here I guess
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 PM

April 1st, ay? I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:04 PM

Did this even hit theaters? I was waiting for it to open in our area, but never saw it open here.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:11 PM

I'll probably be getting this when it comes out. I haven't seen it, but I'm going to blind buy just because the premise sounds good enough and Summer Glau is in it. I've a soft spot for her (Sarah Connor Chronicles & Firefly/Serenity eh?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bowler View Post
Did this even hit theaters? I was waiting for it to open in our area, but never saw it open here.
I'm guessing it had a limited distribution in theaters. It wasn't exactly a AAA priority production eh?

EDIT: Well, seems it hasn't even Come To Theaters Yet. It comes to a limited release in a week.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bowler View Post
In the US it went straight to VOD on iTunes and VUDU, Amazon and the like. I rented it and really wanted them to release the directors original cut as I was hoping it would be funnier. It's funny but the trailer made it look a lot better than it was.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 AM

I had a blast with it personally, the comedy was perfect for the content, Dinklage was great, Glau was hot (as always) and it included some decent gore and heavy metal All of that with Larping and I was really impressed with it. Its a definite buy for me!
Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 AM

My issue with this movie, and the reason I will not buy this, is the studio dicked around with it too much. Could have just released the director's intended version, you know the one I saw a preview for and thought looked excellent? Until there is a director's cut the studio can suck it.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
My issue with this movie, and the reason I will not buy this, is the studio dicked around with it too much. Could have just released the director's intended version, you know the one I saw a preview for and thought looked excellent? Until there is a director's cut the studio can suck it.
Problem is, is that if you dont support the movie in its current form, you will probably never get the directors cut. I really liked this version, not even knowing it wasnt the directors version. I hadnt followed it that closely, but if this version is as good as it is (to me anyways) I can only hope we get the proper version someday. But again, if no one buys this and doesnt support the film, you probably have no hopes of the producers/distributors ever releasing the original version