The Usual Suspects BD or DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2007, 06:15 AM

Default The Usual Suspects BD or DVD

i am going to be buying 300 on BD on Tuesday and i also decided i would pickup The Usual Suspects becasuse it is one of my favorite movies and i don't own it on any format. I read in the review that there is no special features and the special features on the DVD look interesting so i would like those, so i was wondering if anyone has seen the BD and DVD is the better PQ worth an extra $10 and the loss of special features?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall4008 View Post
i am going to be buying 300 on BD on Tuesday and i also decided i would pickup The Usual Suspects becasuse it is one of my favorite movies and i don't own it on any format. I read in the review that there is no special features and the special features on the DVD look interesting so i would like those, so i was wondering if anyone has seen the BD and DVD is the better PQ worth an extra $10 and the loss of special features?
I love The Usual Suspects. But I get the sense that you are like me. I like having the most definitive version of everything. For this reason, I did not upgrade to get the Blu-ray. I haven't seen it (considering renting it) so I can't comment on the PQ, but if I remember correctly, it didn't get glowing reviews. I'm sure that once Fox gets back in the swing of things with Blu-ray, we will eventually see re-issues of their early bare-bones catalog titles like The Usual Suspects. You might have a tougher choice than I did though, since you don't own the movie on any format. I don't know if I could recommend buying anything on SD anymore if you have a hi-def option. My vote would be for you to buy neither and hold off for a Blu-ray re-issue.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 AM

The PQ is pretty good, not too grainy or anything. If you have the money and don't mind barebones, the BD is much better looking than the DVD.