'Man of Steel' and 'Man of Steel 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 AM

Default 'Man of Steel' and 'Man of Steel 3D' - High-Def Digest Reviews

I'm going to try combining the 2D and 3D discussions for this release. Hopefully this will work out OK. E has just reviewed 'Man of Steel' and 'Man of Steel 3D'. Please check out his reviews, then come back here and join the discussion.

Man of Steel:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9667/man_steel.html

Man of Steel - 3D:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9666/man_steel_3d.html
Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 AM

Thanks for combining them!

4 stars? No one I know liked this movie

For folks who have seen this and IM3, can you tell me which is the better movie? I watched IM3 and hated it.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post

For folks who have seen this and IM3, can you tell me which is the better movie? I watched IM3 and hated it.

Thanks!
This is better than Iron Man 3, but not flawless by any means. I personally think Enoize was a little too kind.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM

I was disappointed by IM3 and MOS, MOS was entertaining, but the final 45 minutes was borderline overkill. I love some action, but it seemed overdone and excessive.

IM3 was better the second time on blu-ray, so hopefully MOS will be the same...
Old 11-08-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
I loved IM3 so that might warn you off my opinion of this film. I thought this was a good start but agree with other commenters that the latter part of the film was overdone to the point where I was getting bored.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 AM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Mixed feelings about this one...thought the Smallville/Young Clark stuff with Kevin Costner was great and the movie delivered the kind of action that was so lacking in 'Superman Returns'.

On the other hand, the opening Krypton sequence (and subsequent storyline involving the "codex") was over-long and overly convoluted, and I hated, hated, HATED that Zack Snyder felt the need to use "shaky cam" cinematography throughout the entire movie.

Still, Henry Cavill is the right actor for the part (he's more Tom Welling than Christopher Reeve), so I'm looking forward to seeing the next film even though I'm not crazy about this one.

I'd say definitely one you'd want to rent first before buying, if you haven't seen it yet.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
I was disappointed by IM3 and MOS, MOS was entertaining, but the final 45 minutes was borderline overkill. I love some action, but it seemed overdone and excessive.

IM3 was better the second time on blu-ray, so hopefully MOS will be the same...
I have yet to see IM3, but I totally agree on MOS. I may pick up the 3D set to see if I feel any different about it after a second viewing.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:22 AM

Ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon this morning

Mao of Steel PS4 week coming up
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
I've seen them both, and Man of Steel IMO is better, especially if you like action and special effects, which IM3 generally lacked. If you have a 3Dtv, get the 3D version. It's a much better conversion than IM3 was. There are many problems with Man of Steel (and I really hope they don't decide to do a director's cut, with 50 more minutes of action/footage later on) but it's worth watching at least one time.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Seemed to me like a Superman movie for people who don't much like Superman.