HDDVD73 is offline Member

Default Suspiria coming from Synapse

SYNAPSE FILMS, INC. LICENSES “SUSPIRIA”, ONE OF THE MOST ACCLAIMED HORROR FILMS OF ALL TIME, FOR DVD, BLU-RAY AND FUTURE OPTICAL MEDIA.

ROMULUS, MI – Synapse Films, Inc. has acquired the North American home-video rights to the 1977 classic horror film SUSPIRIA, directed by Italian horror master Dario Argento. Described as “one of the scariest films of all time” by Entertainment Weekly, SUSPIRIA stars the beautiful Jessica Harper as a young girl caught up in a coven of witches controlling a German dance academy.

“I’ve been involved in the restoration and release of many films in my career, but SUSPIRIA has always eluded me, until now,” says Donald May, Jr., President of Synapse Films. “It’s one of my favorite horror films and I’m ecstatic that my business partner, Jerry Chandler, was able to negotiate with the rights holders to release this film. This is going to be an amazing project for us.”

Synapse Films, Inc. will work closely with Technicolor Rome and Technicolor Los Angeles to create an all-new high-definition 2K scan from the original negative for a possible 2014-15 video release. “It’s important to spend as much time as possible to create the definitive high-definition home video version for the fans,” May explains. “We’re going to take our time with this one.”

Synapse Films, Inc. is currently planning the extensive work on SUSPIRIA in conjunction with Technicolor, utilizing both their Rome and Hollywood facilities. The film scanning will be coordinated and supervised by Technicolor Hollywood’s Director of Restoration Services, Tom Burton, whose film restoration credits include Ridley Scott’s BLADE RUNNER, Georges Méliès’ A TRIP TO THE MOON and BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S.

Final specifications, retail pricing, and extras for the Synapse Films release of SUSPIRIA will be announced closer to the as yet to be determined release date.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ize=1600%2C680

Bolo is offline Member

Heads up, the special steelbook 'Suspiria' is now up for order on Synapse's site. I've got mine, get yours while you can.

Boston007 is online now Member

Just pre-ordered. Would LOVE to get this for the month of October to view during Halloween time!

Edit: just noticed release date is Dec 31. I hope that gets pushed back

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Bad link.... Is there one on Synapse's shop?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Bolo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Thanks.

Wow - hideous cover art.
    I also see that they're rereleasing this theatrically.

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Thanks.

Wow - hideous cover art.
    I also see that they're rereleasing this theatrically.
    Chicago had the uncut 35mm print screen here, sadly I was out of town when it showed I don't mind the cover art for this SteelBook though, it's got a gory gothic vibe. A little pop arty maybe - but at least they colored the whole thing in instead of leaving parts of it blank like an adult coloring book. I hate those. They don't give you any crayons or a pint-by-number system to fill them in.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

The regular slipcover version (of they call it an o-card) looks much better IMO.

Lol, adult coloring book Matt?

Bolo is offline Member

Yes, the slip cover is more what I expected and prefer. The steelbook pop art just makes me think of 'Crimson Peak' and not 'Suspiria'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Yes, the slip cover is more what I expected and prefer. The steelbook pop art just makes me think of 'Crimson Peak' and not 'Suspiria'.
    Yes, great comparison. I bought the UK edition of Crimson Peak due to the hideous USA artwork.