'Captain Phillips' is up for preorder - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2013, 03:58 PM

Default 'Captain Phillips' is up for preorder

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1018..._phillips.html
Old 01-21-2014, 04:24 PM

OK, today I purchased Captain Phillips on Blu-ray at Walmart in which it clearly states on the box that you receive a Digital HD Ultraviolet version in no less than (3) different spots on the box. So, I go to my Vudu account, redeem the UV code and I only received an SD version!!! If I want the HDX version, I have to pay an additional $17.99 on top of the $22.95 that I payed for movie itself!! One of the reasons I purchase Blu-ray's is not only for Blu-ray itself but also because new Blu-rays typically include an HDX version of the movie that can be streamed on Vudu. DVD's have typically only included an SD version for streaming.

I did file for assistant with Vudu to see if this was correct or not. Hopefully, this is a mistake and not a trend.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM

Sadly, some studios only give SD Digital Copies with their Blu-rays.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarlock View Post
OK, today I purchased Captain Phillips on Blu-ray at Walmart in which it clearly states on the box that you receive a Digital HD Ultraviolet version in no less than (3) different spots on the box. So, I go to my Vudu account, redeem the UV code and I only received an SD version!!! If I want the HDX version, I have to pay an additional $17.99 on top of the $22.95 that I payed for movie itself!! One of the reasons I purchase Blu-ray's is not only for Blu-ray itself but also because new Blu-rays typically include an HDX version of the movie that can be streamed on Vudu. DVD's have typically only included an SD version for streaming.

I did file for assistant with Vudu to see if this was correct or not. Hopefully, this is a mistake and not a trend.
Sounds like fraudulent advertising. I would bitch loud with them if I were you.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM

i've never gotten an hd digital copy with any UV code
Old 01-21-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i've never gotten an hd digital copy with any UV code
If you are purchasing DVD's that would probably be correct. DVD's w/UV codes, I believe, only come with SD versions while Blu-ray purchases w/UV codes typically come with HDX versions. There may be exceptions to this, of course. I can't remember ever purchasing a Blu-ray w/UV code that didn't come with an HDX version. Maybe earlier on this was occurring more often but now the standard, from what I have experienced, is that on all Blu-ray w/UV code purchases, you get an HDX copy.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 PM

It would seem that the Captain Phillips Blu-ray that I purchased at Walmart had the wrong Ultraviolet code packaged with it. Makes me wonder how many more Captain Phillips Blu-rays are out there with only an SD U/V code? Some people on the Vudu Forum had indicated they had received an HDX version with no problems.

It seemed to me the U/V code sheet that comes with the Captain Phillips Blu-ray should say Captain Phillips with Digital HD Ultraviolet. The U/V code sheet that was in my Captain Phillips Blu-ray said Captain Phillips with Digital Ultraviolet meaning the SD version, or so I think.

Anyway, after contacting Vudu support at around 1PM CST and then also posting my situation on the Vudu Forum, just a few minutes ago (it is 7:35PM CST), a Vudu Forum Moderator responded to my Forum post and the problem has now been corrected and I have the appropriate HDX version now showing on my Vudu account.

If anyone else has a similar problem you can go to the Vudu website and file a case or post in the Vudu Forum or both.