'Sexy Beast' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 PM

Default 'Sexy Beast' - High-Def Digest Review

Shannon has reviewed 'Sexy Beast.' He says this is a film you simply have to see for yourself. This limited edition Blu-ray offers the film in two different aspect ratios (unlike the Region B disc). Read the full review for all the details. This is recommended.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9188/sexy_beast.html
Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 AM

Default Walking on the beaches looking at the peaches

This is a great movie, and the review got it right. Ben's performance is incredible, and it is hard to believe it is the same man who played Gandi.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 AM

There was a 5.1 audio in there?! I thought it only had 2.0!

I watched this for the first time two days ago.

Shannon pinned my feelings perfectly with this line
"There are a few acts of extreme violence in the movie, but they're almost a relief after the tense moments that lead up to them."

I never saw this movie but always HEARD about it. Really a superb movie and very well filmed.

I may have to watch it again in 5.1 and the other aspect ratio
Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 AM

Jumping in just to say that I just watched this movie for the first time and I loved it. I love 'low-budget' thrillers like this. The top three billed actors are some of the best on the scene and they all need more work in Hollywood.

Also, thank you Shannon for not talking about the 'dream scenes' or the meaning behind them. Too many reviews get into plot details that spoil and/or misconstrue the movie.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:53 PM

I have the HD DVD of this. Would the Blu-ray be an improvement of any kind? I see they still have them in stock.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
I have the HD DVD of this. Would the Blu-ray be an improvement of any kind? I see they still have them in stock.
The primary benefit of the Blu-ray is that you can watch the movie in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The HD DVD from the UK is an open-matte 16:9 transfer. The Twilight Time disc offers the movie in both ratios.