Oblivion Packaging Question/Steelbook Version - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Oblivion Packaging Question/Steelbook Version

Anyone that has picked up the Oblivion Steelbook and opened it yet? I noticed ALL the ones on the shelf at Walmart have a lump on the back cover side. With as fragile as these can be, is this a defect or is it just the security tag? (No guessing please) Have seen a few where the lump is that the ink is missing/pushed thru as well, but what I see under the shrinkwrap seems to be a paper cover. If it damaged the paper, it likely dented the steel, right?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:16 AM

The lump is just the dab of glue holding on the spec sheet. peels right off. Yes, i picked one up today...no guessing here....
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGardner View Post
The lump is just the dab of glue holding on the spec sheet. peels right off. Yes, i picked one up today...no guessing here....
Thanks a bunch. I still suspect they packed too many in a box when they shipped them, not compensating for the lump and have damaged some, like the one I saw with the crushed ink on the spec sheet. I will buy one and cross my fingers - thanks again!