Question about American Disney Blu-Ray/DVD combos - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Default Question about American Disney Blu-Ray/DVD combos

I've a quick question regarding US Disney Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy releases, for those in the know.

If I decide to refrain from pre-ordering a movie such as "Oliver and Company" or "Winnie the Pooh" and instead wait until black friday, what are my chances of receiving a slip-cover release of those movies from Amazon for the same or less of the pre-order price?

Is the situation in the US similar to the one in the EU? i. e. if I don't pre-order a Disney movie, chances of receiving a slip-cover release are rather slim or a slip-cover release would cost me 10-20 bucks more than on release day?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I have seen that Disney movies are the most likely ones to lose their slipcovers. Also seeing Disney titles on Black Friday is quite rare. Exception might have been the past two years, Tangled and Brave and they both had slipcovers.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 PM

So it's essentially the same situation as in Europe.
Darn.

You wouldn't know whether "Winnie the Pooh" (2011) was still available with a slip-cover or not, would you? Totally missed that one.