Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies Blu-ray

Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies Blu-ray

Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies was released on the Blu-ray format on July 6th 2011. This is ILLUSTRA MEDIA’S very first Blu-ray release. This is a documentary that shows in detail the scientific evidence for the intelligent design of butterflies. Perhaps if I have time in the future I might write a brief user review regarding this Blu-ray disc title that I am awaiting to arrive. This Blu-ray has a list price of $19.95.

"Throughout history, butterflies have fascinated artists and philosophers, scientists and schoolchildren with their profound mystery and beauty. In Metamorphosis you will explore their remarkable world as few ever have before.

Spectacular photography, computer animation and magnetic resonance imaging open once hidden doors to every stage of a butterfly's life-cycle. From an egg the size of a pinhead to a magnificent flying insect. It is a transformation so incredible biologists have called it "butterfly magic."

The butterfly's superbly engineered body is magnified hundreds of times to reveal compound eyes made of thousands of individual lenses, wings covered with microscopic solar panels, and navigational systems that unerringly guide Monarch butterflies on their annual migration from Canada to Mexico.

How did these extraordinary creatures come into being? Are they the products of a blind, undirected process? Or were they designed by an intelligent cause?

Filmed in North, Central, and South America, Metamorphosis is an unforgettable documentary filled with the joys of discovery and wonder."

Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

A 4 minute and 22 second 720P HD YouTube trailer is available to watch for the Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies Blu-ray science documentary. To view at 720P HD quality one needs to click on the change quality option in the YouTube interface and change the resolution to 720P.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

Brief user review of Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies Blu-ray

Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies on Blu-ray was very interesting to watch. This science documentary on butterflies shows the strong scientific evidence that butterflies were designed. Intelligent design videos are not Christian or religious videos since they never once mention God. In fact, some people in the intelligent design movement believe that some alien life form created life on earth instead of God. Therefore, my point is that intelligent design videos like Metamorphosis are popular among some atheists that choose not to believe in evolution and they are also popular for many of the different world religious that believe in gods or a God. Intelligent design videos are also viewed at some secular schools if the school has a policy to allow videos that show evidence for intelligent design. Many secular schools only allow the theory of evolution to be taught and discussed in the classroom with no room for intelligent design or creation discussions.

While watching Metamorphosis I enjoyed learning about the awesome engineered body of Butterflies while following the life cycle of a butterfly. Toward the end of the video, evidence is presented that explains why the theory of evolution is not possible scientifically.

*** Video comments ***

The Metamorphosis Blu-ray disc was professionally stamped in a Blu-ray factory. This Blu-ray disc is a single layer with a total of 22.3GB used out of 25GB. Metamorphosis uses the MPEG-4/AVC codec with a bit range of around 10Mbps-38Mbps depending on the scene being shown in the documentary. Instead of being 1080P quality, this documentary is 1080i HD quality. Metamorphosis has a beautiful 1080i MPEG-4/AVC encode with video bit rates around the high 28Mbps range and peaks into the 38Mbps range for some scenes. This 1080i Metamorphosis documentary video looks better when compared to the 1080i documentaries that I have seen on some HD cable and HD satellite channels. The level of detail of the butterflies in 1080i HD is amazing. The documentary is also encoded with English subtitle option for those that like or need subtitles.

*** Audio comments ***

This Metamorphosis Blu-ray has both a lossy English 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack at 448kbps and a lossy 2.0 Dolby Digital stereo soundtrack at 192kbps (Same audio quality as the 480i DVD release). The big disappointment is that there is no 5.1 PCM or 5.1 lossless soundtracks. PCM and lossless audio tracks are bit for bit exactly the same as the studio master soundtrack. This is Illustra Medias first Blu-ray release from back on July 6th 2011, perhaps their future new release Blu-ray titles hopefully will offer lossless audio soundtracks.

Overall the 5.1 lossy Dolby Digital surround sound mix sounded very good for a documentary video. I have seen some low budget movies that are mixed with worse quality. Metamorphosis had a good music mix for some scenes and I was very impressed with the subwoofer deep bass that occurred during the opening waterfall scene. The only complaint I have with the soundtrack is that there is no lossless audio quality offered.

*** Extras ***

This Metamorphosis Blu-ray includes over 1 hour of bonus features. 100% of the extra features are 1080i HD MPEG-4/AVC quality with a 2.0 Dolby Digital soundtrack. There is a question and answer section which has 17 short questions and answers. There is a Butterfly resource section which has short video clips on “Butterfly Exhibits” and a list of “Books about Butterflies”. Music from Metamorphosis contains 35 minutes and 31 seconds of 2.0 Dolby Digital 192kbps stereo music. Another section of the Blu-ray contains 4 video trailers for other Intelligent design videos that are offered by Illustra Media.

*** Conclusion ***

Metamorphosis: the beauty & design of butterflies on Blu-ray is an excellent science documentary that shows the life cycle and the intelligence of the butterfly species. The 1080i HD MPEG-4/AVC encode has good picture quality and the 5.1 lossy Dolby Digital soundtrack is enjoyable to listen too (However a lossless audio track would have been ideal). There is over 1 hour of extra features to watch, which I found interesting. Those that are interested in learning about the intelligence design of butterflies will most likely enjoy this documentary.