'Assault on Precinct 13: Collector's Edition (1976)' is coming in November - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Staff

Default 'Assault on Precinct 13: Collector's Edition (1976)' is coming in November

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9750...ollectors.html
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 AM

I feel like most of the time, when a double dip collector's edition is released, I normally don't like the new cover art.

Anyways, I'm a fan of Carpenter's work, but i've never seen this and I didn't get the original blu ray. Since this is a collector's edition, maybe it will have a bunch of cool bonus material. I do want to own this
Old 07-30-2013, 03:17 PM

With all of these Shout and Scream Factory releases (and rereleases) of Carpenter's work, it makes you wonder if a Christine release could be around the corner. Maybe next year or the following? Fingers crossed!

As for this one, they'd have to bring some really good new features. I have the original release, and I'm feeling double-dip fatigue.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Knox View Post
With all of these Shout and Scream Factory releases (and rereleases) of Carpenter's work, it makes you wonder if a Christine release could be around the corner. Maybe next year or the following? Fingers crossed!
No chance of that happening anytime soon.

Firstly, Shout and Sony don't have any sort of distribution deal at the moment. In the specific case of Christine, boutique label Twilight Time already has an exclusive hold the film for 3 years. Their limited 3000-unit run has sold out.

I'd say there is a decent enough chance of a double dip on Escape From New York, though. At least it wouldn't surprise me. Shout/Scream does have a deal with MGM and the first disc of that Carpenter film didn't have any extras.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-VHS View Post
In the specific case of Christine, boutique label Twilight Time already has an exclusive hold the film for 3 years.
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder if Twilight Time will squeeze some more money out of the title before the three year's is up. I want that blu badly, but I'd rather wait 2 years than pay absurd sums for it now.

An Escape From NY double dip is something I'd welcome.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Knox View Post
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder if Twilight Time will squeeze some more money out of the title before the three year's is up. I want that blu badly, but I'd rather wait 2 years than pay absurd sums for it now.

An Escape From NY double dip is something I'd welcome.
I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of Christine! Waiting SHOULD drop the price and I hope it does so people can get it.

I'd love a steelbook Escape from NY