'Dexter: The Final Season' & 'Dexter: The Complete Series' are coming November 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 PM

Default 'Dexter: The Final Season' & 'Dexter: The Complete Series' are coming November 5

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9695/dexter_final.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9696..._complete.html
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9697...te_amazon.html
Old 07-19-2013, 05:27 PM

Love the look of he boxset although I don't know whether the series is actually worth rewatching. (i just finished a 6-season marathon).
Old 07-19-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
Love the look of he boxset although I don't know whether the series is actually worth rewatching. (i just finished a 6-season marathon).
Most TV shows aren't worth rewatching. Even the really good ones. It's just way too hard to make the time committment again. Sitcoms are the most rewatchable TV shows since most of their episodes are somewhat compartmentalized.

Even though I absolutely loved 'Lost' this is the reason I never sprang for the huge end-of-series set. I came to terms that I'd never sit down and actually watch it again.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
Most TV shows aren't worth rewatching. Even the really good ones. It's just way too hard to make the time committment again. Sitcoms are the most rewatchable TV shows since most of their episodes are somewhat compartmentalized.

Even though I absolutely loved 'Lost' this is the reason I never sprang for the huge end-of-series set. I came to terms that I'd never sit down and actually watch it again.
Some series ARE worth rewatching. I would rewatch GoT, it's that good.

The last season of LOST really ruined that show for me. So much so, I hope to never watch another EPISODE at all.

You are correct with the episodic shows- I own Twilight Zone and I'll be damned if I can just pop in any disc and start watching with no problems.

I actually would be interested in seeing Dexter again, the problem was the mediocre seasons I have no desire to see again.

But to anyone else, if you want it...TAKE IT!!!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 PM

Are they hinting how Dexter will meet his end with the box art?

The head sculpture BTW does not represent an anonymous victim, it is shaped like the dummy he uses at work to test blood spatter patterns.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 PM

It can mean the demise of Dexter or the demise of Dexter's dark-side.

I can hardly wait to see season 7 to be available on Netflix Canada albeit I can only watch it on my iPad (the picture quality, even at the best setting, is craptastic to my eyes.)
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM

Yah I hope they end this show with a good closure- even if I DISAGREE with it, as long as it's written well.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned

In the USA there are 3 different Dexter: The Complete Series Blu-ray options to choose from

One of my family members is a big Dexter fan that currently owns all 7 seasons on Blu-ray. Below I am comparing the 3 different USA Dexter options to choose from. All 3 versions of Dexter on Blu-ray contain the exact same 24 Blu-ray discs images, however two of the options below include Blu-ray disc 25 which contains over 3 hours of bonus features.

1. Purchasing the Dexter Blu-ray series individually (List price $461.91): This option comes with 24 Blu-ray discs (3 Blu-ray discs for each season). The disadvantage of purchasing the Dexter series individually is that this option does not include the exclusive bonus Blu-ray disc and no exclusive art book.

2. Dexter the Complete Series 1-8 Collection Blood Slide Box Replica (List price $459.99): This version of Dexter has a total of 25 Blu-ray discs. 24 out of 25 of the Blu-ray discs contain all 8 seasons (3 Blu-ray discs for each season). Blu-ray disc number 25 is a bonus disc with over three hours of bonus features. Also with this Blood Slide Trophy Replica Box packaging, the “Grafix: The Art of Dexter” book is included.

3. Dexter the Complete Series 1-8 Collection Bust/Head Amazon Exclusive Gift Set (List Price $544.99): This version of Dexter has a total of 25 Blu-ray discs. 24 out of 25 of the Blu-ray discs contain all 8 seasons(3 Blu-ray discs for each season). Blu-ray disc number 25 is a bonus disc with over three hours of bonus features. Also with this Bust/Head Replica packaging, the “Grafix: The Art of Dexter” book is included.

For Dexter fans the best option is option number 2 or 3 above, with the only difference being the difference in packaging of the 25 Blu-ray discs and collectable Dexter art book. Since the Blu-ray discs and art book are both the same in option number 2 and 3 above, one might wonder if paying $85 list price more for the Bust/Head Amazon Exclusive Gift set is really worth it? Currently the difference in the actual street price between option 2 and 3 above at Amazons website is $168.50.
DVD Empire is selling the Dexter Blood Slide Box Replica for only $289.99, which would mean that the Amazon Bust/Head packaging street price is really $200.50 more. Dexter fans will have to decide if paying $200.50 more for the Bust/Head Amazon Exclusive is really worth it. Since the only difference is in the package style, I believe most consumers will want to save $200.50 and purchase the Blood Slide Trophy Replica box packaging instead.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Banned

Why most people that currently own all 7 seasons of Dexter on Blu-ray will not upgrade to the complete 8 season collection with the exclusive Blu-ray bonus disc

For someone that owns all 7 seasons of Dexter on 480i DVD already, it is very logical for that person to sell his or her collection on EBAY and upgrade to the complete Series 1-8 Collection on the Blu-ray format to get 1080P quality with lossless audio. However, for those consumers that already own all 7 seasons of Dexter on Blu-ray, it’s a harder decision for most consumers to upgrade to the complete Series 1-8 Collection on Blu-ray just to get the exclusive bonus Blu-ray disc and collectable art book.

All 7 seasons of Dexter on Blu-ray is currently selling for only $109.99 on EBAY brand new with free shipping. A person would most likely only get $99.99 as the maximum price for selling their old opened and used season 1-7 Dexter Blu-rays on EBAY plus after the EBAY fees and PAYPAL fees one would really only get around $89.99 for their old 7 season Dexter Blu-ray collection. Then a consumer would need to pay $289.99 for the 8 season boxset of Dexter on Blu-ray. Most people are not willing to sell their old 7 seasons of Dexter on Blu-ray for $89.99 and then turn around and pay $289.99 for the Complete Series 1-8 Collection Blood Slide Replica that includes the exclusive bonus Blu-ray disc. For only around $44.09 people can pre-order the Dexter eighth and final season on Blu-ray to add to their existing 7 season Dexter Blu-ray collection. Most people are not going to spend an extra $155.91 to upgrade to the Complete Series 1-8 Dexter Blu-ray Collection just to get that extra bonus Blu-ray disc and collectable art book. Also for someone that has already seen all seven seasons of Dexter, are they really going to make the time to watch the same seasons all over again? I know personally I have Blu-ray discs unopened that are around a year old since I have not had time to get to them yet. I am too busy researching stuff in my free time instead of watching Blu-ray discs.

The way these Blu-ray boxsets are marketed is bad for collectors and the studios

Why should a consumer that collects TV series, purchase individual seasons on Blu-ray if the studios choose to only release the bonus Blu-ray disc in the complete TV series collection? If the studios are going to start offering exclusive bonus discs for TV series when consumers only purchase complete TV series on Blu-ray, then consumers are going to start waiting until a 7 or 8 season boxset on Blu-ray is released so that they can get the exclusive bonus disc for the entire TV series.

Releasing bonus discs exclusively in the complete series collection will hurt the studios because if several consumers stop purchasing the individual TV series seasons on Blu-ray then future seasons on Blu-ray might be canceled because of lack of demand.

Example 1: In the United States Grey’s Anatomy: The Complete fourth season was released on Blu-ray, however since the sells of Grey’s Anatomy: The Complete fourth season on Blu-ray was poor and the pre-order sells for Grey’s Anatomy: The Complete fifth season on Blu-ray was poor, Disney/ABC decided to cancel the release of Grey’s Anatomy: The Complete fifth season on Blu-ray in the United States. The result only the 4th season of Grey’s Anatomy was released on the Blu-ray format in the United States because of a lack of demand.

Example 2: There are seven seasons of the HBO series called Sopranos if one counts Season 6 part 1 and Season 6 part 2 as two separate seasons. Out of the seven seasons of the Sopranos only 3 seasons have been released on the Blu-ray format (Season 6 Part 1, Season 6 Part 2, and Season 1). The reason only 3 seasons of the Sopranos was released on Blu-ray is because there was a lack of demand for the 3 seasons of the Sopranos that were released, so HBO canceled their plans to release the other 4 seasons of the Sopranos on Blu-ray.

Walmart, Target, or Best Buy should consider offering a special Showtime/Paramount Dexter season 8 Blu-ray bonus disc for Season 8 of Dexter

Consumers that have already purchased the Dexter seasons 1-7 on the Blu-ray format would strongly be interested in Showtime/Paramount offering the exclusive bonus Blu-ray disc available for an extra $10 on select limited Dexter season 8 Blu-ray sets at Walmart, Target, or Best Buy. This would make consumers very happy if they could spend only $10 to get that extra Blu-ray bonus disc instead of a upgrade cost of around $155.91 in order to get that Blu-ray bonus disc.