'The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day - Director's Cut' - High-Def Digest Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2013, 11:58 AM

Default 'The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day - Director's Cut' - High-Def Digest Review

Kevin has reviewed 'The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day - Director's Cut.' This Best Buy exclusive is for fans only. Here's why...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/9383...ints_2_dc.html
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM

i imagine another reason to release this is Norman Reedus, with the Walking Dead being so big now...i can see people pick this up simply because he's in it even if they never heard of it or the original.

of course he'll always be Scud from Blade 2 to me. :P
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 AM

Not that Kevin doesn't make a good case, but I'm still interested in knowing what someone who doesn't hate the two movies thinks of the Director's Cut.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Not that Kevin doesn't make a good case, but I'm still interested in knowing what someone who doesn't hate the two movies thinks of the Director's Cut.
I agree with you 100%. Both reviews for All Saint's Day have been by individuals who clearly hate the franchise and the director equally. It seems very clear that both have let their feelings on the director and the first film impact their view on this film. I would like very much to see a take from someone that actually enjoys the series.

That's not to say All Saint's Day is perfect, but I don't recall it being THAT bad....

And I understand opinions are just that, but it just feels like these reviews are a bit biased against the film before even starting it
Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
I agree with you 100%. Both reviews for All Saint's Day have been by individuals who clearly hate the franchise and the director equally. It seems very clear that both have let their feelings on the director and the first film impact their view on this film. I would like very much to see a take from someone that actually enjoys the series.

That's not to say All Saint's Day is perfect, but I don't recall it being THAT bad....

And I understand opinions are just that, but it just feels like these reviews are a bit biased against the film before even starting it
Or it could be that these are a couple of shit movies.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Or it could be that these are a couple of shit movies.
Hey, maybe Hi-Def Digest will let you review the third one.

Also I'm sure you've heard this before and forgotten, but opinions are not facts.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastx View Post
Hey, maybe Hi-Def Digest will let you review the third one.

Also I'm sure you've heard this before and forgotten, but opinions are not facts.
Wow, you really want people to like these craptastic movies.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXXXJesterXXXV View Post
I have not seen either film - send me your copies and I will watch them and report back unbiased.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:13 PM

Easy: the first one - awesome, the second one - dreadful.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:11 PM

The first one is awesome. This is fact - at least for me.