'Led Zepplin: The Song Remains the Same' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
PeterB

Default 'Led Zepplin: The Song Remains the Same' -- pre-release buzz

Another one from Warner, who are really pumping out the new announcements this week:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/songremainsthesame.html

The Led Zepplin concert classic will enjoy 40 minutes of bonus material, including rare performances and other archival footage.

No word on audio specs yet -- let's hope for lossless audio.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
No word on audio specs yet -- let's hope for lossless audio.
That's an understatement! There better be lossless audio, and high resolution at that! Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to buy this disc featuring the GREATEST. BAND. EVER.

They should call themselves Led Awesome! Cuz that's what they are! I was fortunate enough to recently have met Eddie Kramer and talk about his experiences with regards to engineering for Hendrix, The Beatles, and Led Zepplin so this release is extra awesome for me!

Definelty can't wait to get the Led out on BD.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:08 AM

I'd be interested in the what the extras are, but the film itself is crap.

For a better appreciation of Led, the 2 disc authorised DVD from a few years back is fantastic.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 AM

Thumbs up good and bad news

good news, they will release one of the highlights of any rockfan from 1976 until now in hopefully better picture and sound quality.

bad news, we have to watch that bullshit riding on a tractor, chasing gangsters etc stuff again. Why not re-editing the whole movie, so that we could see a whole nice show from one of the best rock bands ever, without their childish fantasies ?

there were 3 shows of 180 minutes each, so there should be enough material, to get one good version of each song on there.

just my 2 cents and in hope of some improvement.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LembasBread View Post
That's an understatement! There better be lossless audio, and high resolution at that! Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to buy this disc featuring the GREATEST. BAND. EVER.

They should call themselves Led Awesome! Cuz that's what they are! I was fortunate enough to recently have met Eddie Kramer and talk about his experiences with regards to engineering for Hendrix, The Beatles, and Led Zepplin so this release is extra awesome for me!

Definelty can't wait to get the Led out on BD.
This was not a very worthy gig that was filmed for posterity. I have never owned a DVD copy. I would probally buy this for the format and extras with sound. But again it's this movie, the real performances are on the other DVD.

I would have loved to had a word with Kramer about last years secret Hendrix film project that he worked on that has yet to see the light of day. The Royal Albert Hall film which has been held up for nearly 40 years. Experience Hendrix sould do a HD release for what it's worth.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

this release is coming from Warner Music Group (right?) so hopefully we will see DVD-A quality audio on this release.

it is very exciting to know that 1080p zeppelin is on the way

led awesome - no doubt Lembas!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinrock View Post
I would have loved to had a word with Kramer about last years secret Hendrix film project that he worked on that has yet to see the light of day
He didn't mention anything about a film project but he said he was working on a book called Through the Glass or Behind the Glass, something like that, that encompasses his career via photographs that he and Linda McCartney took while recording the bands in the studios...through the glass. He showed some of the pictures (most were of Hendrix) and they were totally amazing. I'm jealous of his experiences.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:17 PM

Not too long of a wait. I love the box cover. Makes my mouth.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Smile Just Found!

Just found at Newbury Comics in Newton, MA. Bought one, they had another on the shelf.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 PM

Got mine thru eBay a few days ago. Good thing I did because their being scalped now for over $50. Got mine for $19 + shipping.